Help cTugg

cannonfodder

The more I use mine, the more I dislike it, the straps slip, the trolley slides out, it causes flat spots on the hull, its heavy, the stay leg falls off, its too expensive and I'm going off the colour :thumbdown:

Bb.

I agree. I had only used mine once when the wheel snapped off wheeling it down the slipway! I used to have the metal framed wheels that fitted into the scupper holes - no slipping. Only problem with those ones was the metal didn't agree with saltwater and snapped! Does anyone know where i can get the old metal ones? (will just have to make sure i clean them after every trip)

The more I use mine, the more I dislike it, the straps slip, the trolley slides out, it causes flat spots on the hull, its heavy, the stay leg falls off, its too expensive and I'm going off the colour :thumbdown:

Bb.

i am starting to think the same, but i will try strapping either in front of the seat as the moulding would stop slipping or through the carry handles.

I have the c-tug too, I found that I get better steering and it never comes off after deciding to try pushing the yak instead of pulling.. call it the c-push instead. Put it on a 3 feet (or wherever it suits the yak) or so from the front, because that hull is tapered the straps wont budge as its constantly held tight by being pushed. Does that make sense.

Edited by kennosen

i took the advice and lashed the wheels on further up the hull, because there is a raised section of hull just behind the seat on my yak it stops it slipping and almost perfectly balances out the boat so pulling it along is a lot easier but the ground clearance is a pain going up or down slopes.

Still beats carrying the damned yak. Should have seen my first sea trip - 300m from the car on my head; down a ruddy great steep hill, 400m to the water; Back to get all the stuff; then all the way back again afterwards.

And I blanked.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.