Capital City Carping

HOPPY4

Excellent. I'll give them to him tomorrow.

That should be fun. I've always wanted to fish both the river and the tidal basin. I think Todd has made at least one of the DC fish-in events so will be familiar with the area.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For any who are interested, here is a google map link to the part of Washington D.C. where the Tidal Basin is located

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.884152,-...p;t=h&hl=en

and a Wiki article that explains what it is and when/why it was built.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_Basin,_Washington_DC

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Andrew & Budgie should be about 4 hours flying time East of us right now and headed this way.

Off to the airport to meet them in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

The fishing was fun but frustrating. We could not get Andy on a DC carp at all and Budgie had horrible luck with the two he hooked. They did catch catfish and what we think were a couple of largish brown goldfish. I'll put up some photos in a day or two and the lads will do a full trip report with photos after they've had a chance to sort themselves out after the trip. Their return flight should be taking off in about 40 minutes headed for Gatwick.

Hoppy, Todd Purdue (joined us for Saturday and Sunday sessions), and I caught some nice commons although no large ones. We had no action at all on the Tidal Basin (it either fishes well or not at all) on Saturday and moved to the river after noon.

I can tell you that 12-14 lb Potomac River commons go like wild things.

I really wish that river weren't 400 miles and some bad DC traffic away from me because I'd certainly like to try it a few more times.

Newt, Budgie, Andrew and Todd, You are all WELCOME to Come up again and fish with me or without as we try to depart the area. You now know of at least one area that the fish are abundant and that is not the only ONE! The Tidal Basin is a venue that simply Baffels us ALL! It may be Good one day and nothing the next, but we still keep trying. We will be there on 3 Nov. 07 for the CAG FALL FISH-IN and HOPE that they will have turned on again. The following day, we will be at Haines Point and will be Hosting the Disabled Vetrans for a day of Carp Fishing. We Hope to have a Large turnout for this first time event. This is our way of saying THANK YOU to the Military Forces for their Service to our country.

HOPPY4

HOPPY