Capital City Carping

HOPPY4

A bit dissapointed that we wont be able to try for a Buffalo out of Wylie but thats fishing. So just to rub it in for the other lads what other species do you reckon we are likely to get amongst Newt?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gentlemen, Today was a Red Letter Day as well. I now have a New PB! The previous mark was 26lb. on my Club Lake (Haug See) in Haasfurt, Germany. This mark has stood for over 7 years and I thought that I was never going to get past it. Now, today back in the USA I have BROKEN IT!!! The New mark is 28.2lb. form the Potomac River in our Nations Capital. Yes, I am Excited and Very Happy that I could come HOME and make this New mark.

As far as the fishing goes, I hope that you will get your lines stretched before you get here, but know that there are some Very Intrested Parties awaiting you on the Potomac River!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

post-1492-1191704938_thumb.jpg

post-1492-1191704954_thumb.jpg

HOPPY

I will have plenty of sun screen on hand.

burgess1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I will have plenty of sun screen on hand.

Best put on the top of your head than your hand :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Budgie, we have an excellent brand of sun screen that also has bug repellent. Works a treat. You been taking that B1????

Just 2 days and you guys will be here

Edited by Jan V

Newt, Jan, Budgie & Andrew, Today it was 94F when we departed the water. This was at 14:00 hours and the humidity was at 85% as well. Petra and I had the umbrella up from 10:00 hours on. I suggest that you bring Sweaters for the mornings and possible late evening sessions. When we departed the house this morning at 06:14 hours, it was 66F and rose to 75F before 08:00 hours. I wish that I could guarantee the same for our weekend, but we will make it work one way or the other. ENJOY your time in North Carolina and we look forward to your arrival in the District of Columbia/Silver Spring, Maryland.

Newt, your arrival should be around 19:00 hours. The TRAFFIC will not change much during the afternoon one way or the other. I do suggest that you take the I495 towards Baltimore rather than the Virginia side once you get to the city. The traffic seems to move better from my prospective.

HOPPY4

Edited by HOPPY4

HOPPY

Thanks Hoppy. BTW - I invited Todd Purdue (Roanoak, Virginia, and knows you & the Burgesses from various forums. He lives in VA and only a couple hours away. I imagine he will join us Saturday for the day. Not sure if either of his boys will come or not.

He is looking forward to meeting all three of you in person.

Todd & I met a few years ago when we (plus spouses & his boys) were the only two who attended the first SC CAG fishin. Our host was in the hospital with a bad back but hadn't had time to let us know.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, Not a problem as we may be trying the Tidal Basin on Saturday morning and have a lot more room. If not, we will stretch out along the river between the bridges as fish have been caught there on a continous basis. We will make up our minds as the day comes. You can give him our Cell numbers along with my house number and we will confirm on Friday. I too look forward to meeting him as well!!!!!

HOPPY4

Thanks Hoppy. BTW - I invited Todd Purdue (Roanoak, Virginia, and knows you & the Burgesses from various forums. He lives in VA and only a couple hours away. I imagine he will join us Saturday for the day. Not sure if either of his boys will come or not.

He is looking forward to meeting all three of you in person.

Todd & I met a few years ago when we (plus spouses & his boys) were the only two who attended the first SC CAG fishin. Our host was in the hospital with a bad back but hadn't had time to let us know.

HOPPY