For Nifty!

SeaDooDavid

After a lot of trying, finally got a mullet Nifty :clap2::clap2::clap2: (3 actually)

I used my new 15' carbon barbel rod with the stiffest of the 3 supplied tips. After trying bread for months, I started using tiny maggots (cat food produced and used as they are only a few days old so small) and "bingo" got mi first hook up!

The first one came in like a load of seaweed until it got in the shallow water and then got a bit upperty about being caught! I see what you mean about a fight! the bloomin thing was leaping and tail thrashing about like crazy ha ha. The other two similar only the second one took off as soon as it hit the maggot! I had the freespool on and it took a whole heap of line before I cranked the handle to engage the clutch! Glad I set the drag light because this one would have been off I am sure as it seemed to never run out of steam!. Fantastic fun and I am glad I kept my patience after all this time trying for em mate, so thanks for the advice! :thumbs:

Hopefully, more to come :thumbs:

The last photo is the place where you were trying with the fly! :D

SDD~~~~ :sun:

post-6361-1191676188_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1191676217_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1191676234_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1191676251_thumb.jpg

After a lot of trying, finally got a mullet Nifty :clap2::clap2::clap2: (3 actually)

I used my new 15' carbon barbel rod with the stiffest of the 3 supplied tips. After trying bread for months, I started using tiny maggots (cat food produced and used as they are only a few days old so small) and "bingo" got mi first hook up!

The first one came in like a load of seaweed until it got in the shallow water and then got a bit upperty about being caught! I see what you mean about a fight! the bloomin thing was leaping and tail thrashing about like crazy ha ha. The other two similar only the second one took off as soon as it hit the maggot! I had the freespool on and it took a whole heap of line before I cranked the handle to engage the clutch! Glad I set the drag light because this one would have been off I am sure as it seemed to never run out of steam!. Fantastic fun and I am glad I kept my patience after all this time trying for em mate, so thanks for the advice! :thumbs:

Hopefully, more to come :thumbs:

The last photo is the place where you were trying with the fly! :D

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Nice one SDDor should I say three, good fish, fatter than any I've seen before :thumbs:

Bb

Nice one SDDor should I say three, good fish, fatter than any I've seen before :thumbs:

Bb

Thanks Bb :thumbs: They were just babies! I see some HUGE ones but they are very spooky and a little less interested in the bait, but gonna try a spinner with a little harbour rag on the hook as I have seen on a dvd about mullet that I have :thumbs: Worth a shot anyway!

SDD~~~ :sun:

Thanks Bb :thumbs: They were just babies! I see some HUGE ones but they are very spooky and a little less interested in the bait, but gonna try a spinner with a little harbour rag on the hook as I have seen on a dvd about mullet that I have :thumbs: Worth a shot anyway!

SDD~~~ :sun:

Try a hook length of about 6" between spinner and bait.

Bb