Sailing the Trident

richi

Rigged my p13 sail on the Trident today.I've done away with the PA cleats and added two to the gunnels of the yak after an idea given to me from Snapper.It works really well.

Was meant to go Congering this weekend but it fell through so launched at Keyhaven at 11am and paddled out to Hurst Point then put the sail up and sat on my behind doing 7-8mph all the way to the Needles without another paddle stroke :P

IMGP0405.jpg

Stopped for lunch at Scratchells Bay took a pic of the cleat system

IMGP0406.jpg

And couldn't help this one ::)

IMGP0407.jpg

Fished the usual spots and did not catch a thing!Had the usual fun listening to Ron from Private Venture on the VHF (no bars of silver this week but a "channel"!)The Charters had a bad day too but I bet they didn't have as much fun as I did!

Found a few bouys right in the middle of the Solent that I fished to no avail on the way back,the tide was running quite fast and the bouy was submerging but had no problems ;)

What a great day B)

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

richi - was that you who featured in Simons piece, in this months Boat Fishing Monthly titled " doing the Kayak Conger" ? (a double page photo - but no name)
yes,that was my ugly mug! :rolleyes: and my mate Phooey(known in the U.S.A. as Nicholas Cage ;)
hi .... is the trident available in the UK yet .. ? and out of interest how much did you pay for it Richie if i may ask ?thanksS.
They are £669 for non-angler and £699 for angler Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi all ..... looks like a nice kayak. Is the trident available in the UK yet ... how much did you pay for it may i ask Richie or was you just testing it .. ?

thanks

Speedo

Trident is available in two forms currently - Standard = no flush mount rod holders at £669 & Angler which has the Angler graphics & flush mounts already fitted. As of next week the fully fitted version will be available which has rudder ready fitted, deluxe back restc/w dual rod holder pack, Humminbird 383c colour fishfinder ready fitted, scupper stoppers, 2 piece paddle, Scotty powerlock rod holders, anchor trolley as well as the rest of the angler spec...this will be around £1400, final price still to be calculated.

Trident can be tested at various different venues through dealers or see details of our feedback team under OK Feedback in the Anglers Afloat forum...covers both sides of the Atlantic!

Regards

Andrew

(JO UK)

Speedo

Trident is available in two forms currently - Standard = no flush mount rod holders at £669 & Angler which has the Angler graphics & flush mounts already fitted. As of next week the fully fitted version will be available which has rudder ready fitted, deluxe back restc/w dual rod holder pack, Humminbird 383c colour fishfinder ready fitted, scupper stoppers, 2 piece paddle, Scotty powerlock rod holders, anchor trolley as well as the rest of the angler spec...this will be around £1400, final price still to be calculated.

Trident can be tested at various different venues through dealers or see details of our feedback team under OK Feedback in the Anglers Afloat forum...covers both sides of the Atlantic!

Regards

Andrew

(JO UK)

Or free if you are in the "try it out and write a good report club"

Ooops.........said it ha ha!!

Edited by SeaDooDavid

Thats what I've always liked about Cumbrians and miss down here in wales , say it as you see it and to hell with the consequences ;):huh:

Ps my OK Prowler is the finest Kayak i have ever purchased :rolleyes:

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

Thats what I've always liked about Cumbrians and miss down here in wales , say it as you see it and to hell with the consequences ;):huh:

Ps my OK Prowler is the finest Kayak i have ever purchased :rolleyes:

Ditto my scupper :) God, am I in trouble again? I just stare at the keyboard and before I know it.......... the truth will out :D