Advice - North Devon This Weekend

Adam Si

Hi all

I am after some advice, hopefully I will be out both days this weekend and am after some advice.

Saturday looks like a northerly wind so the only place I can think of to fish is off woolacombe along side morte point, have people fished here before at this time of year ? am I a wasting my time ?

Pic of area

woolacombe.jpg

Sunday looks like its going East so 2 options for advice please

Combe Martin

combemartin.jpg

Helebay

hele.jpg

Any suggestions be welcome and if anyones going to be out that way give me a shout :)

Hi Adam

I have not fished there this time of year but went out once in the summer, did not have any luck.

Easy paddle with not to many currents. However i went all the way to the point and it is very different there as the tides and currents meet making it look like the water is boiling even on a quite day.

The area is popular with Anglers and i know people spear fish all along that area of rock.

Where to you intend to launch from? If the surf is i don't know of any suitable launch sites. May-be Barricane and mid to high tide?

Would love to come out with you but i am working this weekend and organizing the Fire works at Chivenor.

Nigel McCowen-Smith

Barnstaple

Devon

Tarpon 160i Angler Wilderness (Red)

Bic TOBAGO (yellow)