Pole Fishing

Jayski

Ok im sure this has been covered many times before but im new to this forum and i have used a pole for many years.

Ron Thompson carp exorcist pole

ok i have just purchased a 14m carp pole with a telescopic top 2 section.

This will be mainly used to catch carp in the region of 4-8lb.(WITH A BIT OF LUCK)

My question is what number elastic would you recomend, the pole is rated to number 20 but i dont want to go overkill as there is always chance of smaller fish.

well, on one of my top kits which i tend to use for carp around that mark, i have a size 12 middy hi-viz elastic, its strong enough for the carp up to about 10lb and it doesnt bump off the little'uns

some may dis-agree but it works for me, hope that helps :D:):D

Ill second that, the middy hi-viz hollow is brilliant, ive got the 18-22 in my top kit but small fish around a pound can pull out the elastic because its so stretchy so u dont bump the off.

size 12 is ok for waters containing car to 10lb you wont bump the littles ones and you can land the bigger ones on it bacause how good it strecthes. One thing i found good about it is if a carp makes a run and stops the elastic pulls it back quite easily. I have'nt had that in other pole elastics and is very good for landing fish.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png