Heads-up for a radio series about kayaks

Jaffa

Just came across this on the radio Scotland site:

The Canoe boys

Following the trail of a classic kayak expedition along Scotland’s west coast in a three-part radio series.

Alastair Dunnett and Seumas Adam (Copyright NWP, Courtesy of Ninian Dunnett)

In 1934 two young journalists paddled from Glasgow to Skye. Wearing singlets and kilts, and with only the inner tube of a car tyre for safety, they negotiated their flimsy sea-canoes through the challenging waters of Scotland’s west coast.

Their dispatches to newspapers and subsequent book “The Canoe Boys”, were not only tales of adventure, but also penetrating analyses of the problems of Highland life.

Radio documentary

In the series commissioned by BBC Radio Scotland, Simon Willis and Cailean MacLeod investigate the challenges of modern life in remote coastal communities. They also kayak some of the most challenging serctions of the original journey, starting with a boiling stretch of water known as the Dorus Mor, the “Great Door”.

Recording the radio series

The Canoe Boys series will be broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland on 14, 23 and 28 November at 1130.

Each programme will be repeated early the next morning at 0030, and you can visit the Radio Scotland player online to listen live or up to seven days after transmission.

Looks interesting , if only to see if its worth ditching our wetsuits and cags for singlets and kilts ! :)

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• 2 weeks later...

if you do a search on the web someone makes a PVC Kilt :thumbs:

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?