what is the basic rod reel etc. to start with

billyspleen

The rod specifics (T/C and the like) will depend mainly on the distances you will need to cast so some information would be really helpful re what you have now and where you intend to launch your carping venture.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have been fishing for a long time and want to start carp fishing ca anyone give me any tips on all the gear I need to start fishing for carp.

You'll probably have most of what you need to actually hook a carp. First item on your shopping list might be an unhooking mat and a large net.

What gear have you got so far?

There's more to going fishing than catching fish.

if yuove only got a limited amount of money then argos has got some good carp rods

there not the best of all carp rods but there good enough for beginners

best to get your hooks and weights from a tackle shop

if you thinking about doing nights then a good bivvy will help to

hope this helps

mike

mike finlay the carpinator

Yer I agree with mike. When I first started fishing I went to argos and got a starter rod and it is still going strong now along with my new rod!!(I've had it for about 3 years). They are well worth their money!!!!!! (I think any way)

Tight Lines,

Danny.

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.