Preston Innovations X3, I love it!

Ollie2376

If there is anyone out there who is considering a change in box, get the X3. It was £229 i think from Ted Carters. It is light weight, plenty of space for storing bits and bobs. It also has a range of accesories which are custom to the Preston Innovations boxes. Definately worth the price! im sure there will be people out there who can second me on that :):):)

Interestingly I have recently returned from a break from fishing of around 30 years and after much research bought an X5 box to replace an aging, in fact very old Shakespeare plastic lidded box.

Brilliant!

Except for the weight! Having just retired I was looking forward to days on the river bank with images conjured up from many years of thoroughly enjoyable hours of match and pleasure fishing mainly on the Avon around the Bristol to Bath area ( although I now live south of Bridgwater ? )

So there I am in the tackle shop, the new prize possession sitting in front of the counter and me wandering about mouth open wide looking at all the new gizmos and gadgets festooned around the place slowly realising life and fishing has moved on a touch since my day. Crikey! They now fish with the bait NOT on the hook! Whats all that about then? and whats a commercial? :rolleyes:

So, its off home with box. Regretably the thing stays very firmly anchored to the floor. Look underneath. No its not fixed. More effort required. Strewth! I can lift it but cannot get it out of the door without taking the door jams or the glass with me. Half a dozen other punters are now rolling about on the floor, tears streaming down their faces watching my antics with my lead filled tardis. Jealously does show itself in different ways doesnt it!

Anyway to cut a very long story short - its home, the trolley is on order, the Stannah stair-lift is on order, now considering one of those disabled vehicles where the back has a lift in it - and thats just for the box!

Then there is the sheaf of rods complete with bank sticks, umbrella, landing net handle, bait boxes, groundbait buckets, groundbait, coat, keepnets - one for silver one and for the other if I can catch one or two, unhooking mat, a multitude of reels including my old trusty Mitchell Match which must be some 40 years old, hamper of food, flask etc etc oh, and the mutivitamin tablets, Glucosamine, mobile phone complete with local telephone no of the local A&E unit and a bleeper so someone can find me if they can be bothered. One day there could be Bivvies, beds, oh no . . . .

Well, I have been out a couple of times now and its great! Funny how all the old bits fall readily back into place as though you had never been away.

Back to the X5 Box. A Wonderful piece of kit! And of course I had to buy all the add on goodies and I sit on the bank feeling a bit like a Sputnik with bits poking out everywhere - but it is well worth the cost and effort and I would not be without it!

OK, so thats my way of replying to this thread and agreeing these boxes are excellent, and also saying Hi as a newbie to the forum.

Hi guys :D

Roll on the summer eh!

Interestingly I have recently returned from a break from fishing of around 30 years and after much research bought an X5 box to replace an aging, in fact very old Shakespeare plastic lidded box.

Brilliant!

Except for the weight! Having just retired I was looking forward to days on the river bank with images conjured up from many years of thoroughly enjoyable hours of match and pleasure fishing mainly on the Avon around the Bristol to Bath area ( although I now live south of Bridgwater ? )

So there I am in the tackle shop, the new prize possession sitting in front of the counter and me wandering about mouth open wide looking at all the new gizmos and gadgets festooned around the place slowly realising life and fishing has moved on a touch since my day. Crikey! They now fish with the bait NOT on the hook! Whats all that about then? and whats a commercial? :rolleyes:

So, its off home with box. Regretably the thing stays very firmly anchored to the floor. Look underneath. No its not fixed. More effort required. Strewth! I can lift it but cannot get it out of the door without taking the door jams or the glass with me. Half a dozen other punters are now rolling about on the floor, tears streaming down their faces watching my antics with my lead filled tardis. Jealously does show itself in different ways doesnt it!

Anyway to cut a very long story short - its home, the trolley is on order, the Stannah stair-lift is on order, now considering one of those disabled vehicles where the back has a lift in it - and thats just for the box!

Then there is the sheaf of rods complete with bank sticks, umbrella, landing net handle, bait boxes, groundbait buckets, groundbait, coat, keepnets - one for silver one and for the other if I can catch one or two, unhooking mat, a multitude of reels including my old trusty Mitchell Match which must be some 40 years old, hamper of food, flask etc etc oh, and the mutivitamin tablets, Glucosamine, mobile phone complete with local telephone no of the local A&E unit and a bleeper so someone can find me if they can be bothered. One day there could be Bivvies, beds, oh no . . . .

Well, I have been out a couple of times now and its great! Funny how all the old bits fall readily back into place as though you had never been away.

Back to the X5 Box. A Wonderful piece of kit! And of course I had to buy all the add on goodies and I sit on the bank feeling a bit like a Sputnik with bits poking out everywhere - but it is well worth the cost and effort and I would not be without it!

OK, so thats my way of replying to this thread and agreeing these boxes are excellent, and also saying Hi as a newbie to the forum.

Roll on the summer eh!

Prestun X3 Box

I Have just bought yhe x3 and a am delighted with it, as i do a lot of match fishing i can hold up to about 60 pole rigs, 4 reels in the bottom box and if i use there accesorrys well thers no end to what i can put on it, but one peice of advice is dont use the ground bait bows as they are to heavy for the legs an can buckle the legs. But all in all its an A1 box

Brilliant!

Roll on the summer eh!

Hi and welcome. Things have changed, but standing on the weir a Saltford catching those big roach on silt weed as a boy was unbeatable.... and those drains full of fish, welcome back :)

Hi John,

Welcome to AN and thanks for a great post !

I'm toying with the idea of a seatbox, at the moment I use a chair for all types of fishing, so its good to get ideas and opinions from users.

I have a general question in regard to seatboxes...

What is the maximum load weight they are designed to bear?

Most chairs are designed to 18 stone and I'm afraid when loaded down with waterproofs and gear I exceed this, but my feet are usually planted on the ground, however if I'm using a footplate on a seatbox the adjustable feet will be supporting not only my full weight but also my on-box tackle too.

The last thing I need is to stand up and be tipped out into the lake when a tube clamp gives way...

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Thanks for the replies guys and apologies to Ollie for hi-jacking his thread.

Snotty - sorry but I may be the wrong person to ask about weights etc :rolleyes: but I would phone Preston Innovations who are very receptive on question and answers.

John

thanks for the replies, also welcome John! Im sure the X3 will hold the weight (sounds bad but i dont mean that offensively) This bloke i was fishing next to the other week saw the box and asked if he cud have a seat to try it out, i obliged. That guy must have been 19-20 stone and the box didnt budge! hope that helps

Thanks Ollie, I'm not sure I would have let a big fat bloke try out my new seatbox !

Anyway, no offence taken, you would have to try very hard to offend me.

I have emailed a couple of makers as John suggested so I await replies with interest.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Thanks Ollie, I'm not sure I would have let a big fat bloke try out my new seatbox !

Anyway, no offence taken, you would have to try very hard to offend me.

I have emailed a couple of makers as John suggested so I await replies with interest.

yeh but the fat guy is also kinda loaded so i dont think the money to pay me back would be a problem! hahaha