Email Query

jedibond

Evening all,

I keep getting this error every time I go into Thunderbird, anyone have any ideas ???

"The RETR did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server pop.freeserve.com responded: [sYS/PERM] Could not read message file"

I click okay and then nothing happens, I don't get any mail ! :huh:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Try changing the pop server name in your email account settings, all of these should work:

pop.freeserve.net

pop.wanadoo.co.uk

pop.orangehome.co.uk

Remember, you must be connected to the Internet through Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange to use their mailservers. If you recently changed ISP, you cannot use your old ISPs mail servers.

Ian

Edited by Ian FG

Thanks Ian, tried all three of those but I still get exactly the same error message coming up. Any more ideas ?

Ian

possibly a corrupted mail file on the server. Have you got webmail access to it?

Tricky, does Orange provide webmail? Can you get your email that way? Does your SMTP (outgoing mail) work? have you tried a different email client, such as outlook Express?

Yep, got webmail access to it so that's not a problem. I can send an email out as I sent a test one to my work email address.

I opened Outlook 2007 (full version) and it just sat there for ages saying Send/Receive status 33% and no emails came in. Now it's started receiving mail.

Still can't get Thunderbird to work though :(

Very strange ! :huh:

Edited by jedibond

Ian