Fox MMXR LED Lens Cover Modification

Alnath

Does anyone know of anyway to modify the LED lens covers on Fox MMXR alarms? I have a purple set and they are useless, they are only visible in the pitch black. In the day if you are getting liners you can forget it as you will have no indication of which rod it was on unless you see the bobbin move.

I have asked Fox about this and they want to charge a very unreasonable £106.26, which given you can dismantle the alarm, unsolder the speaker leads, re-solder the new case front with the new LED lens cover speaker leads and re-assemble the alarm in less than 5 minutes is more than taking the mic if you ask me.

Someone some where must have modded the existing covers to use the spare lenses that come with the RX2 receiver.

Probably because most people don't like overly bright LEDs.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Same as Peter! Why is it that todays carpers want to illuminate the whole lake when they have a take? Wrecks your night vision surely? Not to mention upsetting everyone else. Because the wrecked night vision means that they enevitabley then need to turn a torch on to net the fish etc etc.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I was zander fishing with a mate who's got delkims with twin blue LEDs - they pretty much burn the back of your eyes out! I reckon the blue ones are worse for this than other colours.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Probably because most people don't like overly bright LEDs.

There is a difference between overly bright LEDs and hardly bright enough to see an indication in the dark or not at all in the day which was the case here.

You have to remember the MMXR white LEDs are not the same as the ones used in Delkims or just about any other Alarm you care to mention, the MMXR white LEDs are tiny 1mm² (or maybe 2mm²) surface mounted ones and are sat around 1.5cm away from the lenses i have fitted, the clear lenses i have fitted make the white LEDs look so bright because you are looking down the barrel of them at a short distance and the sensor on the camera has blown the highlights due to the slow exposure making them appear bigger than they are. In the day they are easy to spot and in the dark they are comfortable on the eye and not overly bright as you imply, they do not light an area up like say the blue LEDs of Goodfishing GFX alarms for instance (although this is beneficial as you can see your rods without the need to fumble for a torch or headlamp)

So rather than being chastised by you all for wanting to burn out my retinas how about taking a deep breath and thinking well done that man, his alarms are now usable in a way they should be.

There is a difference between overly bright LEDs and hardly bright enough to see an indication in the dark or not at all in the day which was the case here.

Why do you need to see them in the day?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have bright blue LED's and they are a godsend in daylight...single bleep.....quick glance........see the bright blue LED............and I know which rod it was.

Bobbins / indicators don't always move much, and if you weren't actually looking at them, you can easily miss it.

Best colour I have tried or seen..and I have tried lots :) (anyone wanna buy some old alarms :) )

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic