Fishing India

MARTING

Going to the west coast of India to fish off Maharashtra in Dec. I was there in feb this year and it was so good i'm off again. No massive fish biggest was a 12lb what they call Bass (which we ate for supper) but we caught Travali biggest 2 lb , Red snapper biggest 8lb ( which we had tandooried whole), Grouper biggest 7lb, Barracuda biggest 4lb .

I will try and post some pics when i get back.

MG

Guest challenge
Going to the west coast of India to fish off Maharashtra in Dec. I was there in feb this year and it was so good i'm off again. No massive fish biggest was a 12lb what they call Bass (which we ate for supper) but we caught Travali biggest 2 lb , Red snapper biggest 8lb ( which we had tandooried whole), Grouper biggest 7lb, Barracuda biggest 4lb .

I will try and post some pics when i get back.

MG

Do you need anybody to fillet your fish mate.

Good luck.

I fish the area regularly for Barramundi (Presumably your "bass"), and Mangrove Jacks (AKA "red snapper").

We also get the odd Giant Trevelly and Estuary Cod/Grouper, but must of the venues that we fish arn't rocky enough or deep enough to make them regular targets.

We catch Barracouda and Flathead (Bar Tailed Flathead) occasionaly as well.

A mate of mine is currently travelling down the coast from Mumbai to Goa by push-bike (He cycled there from the UK via China) fishing as as he goes.

I'm due to meet up with him and a Danish mate in January for a bit of fishing.

One thing that he was raving about in Maharashtra from a previous trip was the sandsharks. They will be a major target on his trip down the coast and I'm planning on giving them a shot as well.

Edit: Were you fishing at Vijayadurg ?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Do you need anybody to fillet your fish mate.

John you can see to my fish anytime mate. With the new job you will be able to afford to come out to Goa lol

Ken the place we fish is called Malwan, Its a small fishing village (alcohol freel not a drop in sight). I travel up from Goa its 4 1/2 hours by taxi. I will be in Goa in jan so if you want to fish Malwan let me know and i will sort it out for you. The boat only takes 3 so it will be ideal for you and your 2 mates.

Regards Martin.