Tyninghame / Belhaven

101_North

I'm really surprised that Spurhound aint been on this one, its his part of the world.....but there again, he started a new job tonight.... :(:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Ill have the last laugh when i go from shelf stacker to store manager...

Yep belhaven bay is a good beach to fish at times, It hasnt been itself over the last few weeks though... I usuualy plonk myself right in the middle of the beach, it can fish 2 hours down and all the way to near the top of the tide, Slack water and most of the ebb it can be fishless, Ive always likes a good old surf here, especialy if theres a good bit couler in the water, Fish do come right to youyr feet, 10 15 and 20 yards is all tha5s required for the flounders, Any further and your usualy over the top of them, Some times a twitched bait back to the shore can work, SOme days ive done really well on just mackerel strips but have done quite good on raggies too, and lug is always helpfull, A flatty rod and 2 oz sinker is all youl need, Some cracking flounders to be had ive had them up to 2.5lb, good numbers too, and if a largish surf theres every chance of bass, and you even stand a good chance of a bonus turbot if your that bit further out...

hope this helps

Tight Lines

Shaun

How do you deal with the weed? Last time I was there I was struggling to reel in at times as there was lbs of green stuff stuck on leads, leader knots etc.

(I suppose if I only bring the small rod that cuts out the leader knot problem). Do you use grip leads? Again these caused me all sorts of problems with the weed.

I was lucky enough to get 2 small turbot when I fished there earlier in the year :)