Tyninghame / Belhaven

101_North

Norrie, don't tell Shaun.... but next time we see him I think we should suggest that he refuse cash payment and get paid from the fiSh counter - mackerel, fresh mussel, unprepared squid and Indonesian prawns- to see the 'lads' ok for bait over winter :)

....oh Hi Shaun, didn't see you there - how did the job go? :)

Are you fishing 'Bervie on sunday?

Cant fish bervie on sunday im going fishing with a few mates... To tell the truth im not so happy with the current situation with the club if you know what i mean, I might follow on with superguruangler

Job went quite well, Sat on my ar$e for 3 hours listening to some woman, Same again tonight, And on monday its a whole day of that :)

Weed can be a problem on the beach 101 north, I think ive just been fortunate in that ive not been there on days when its been realy bad, with the odd exception, Friends have told me how bad it can be, Doesent sound fun dragging in a huge tonnage of weed every cast, YEp forgot to mention i always usualy use plain 2 0Z leads, let it roll around in the tide, And with the smaller rod you can go leaderless, might stop the weed problems slightly...(although it will stil clog up your trace if its about)Only use grippers when theres a bigish sea and the plain lead is rolling round much too fast, Ive heard of whiting and coddling at night time over low water on the beach... I gave it a try and couldnt get past the collies, 3 a cast, every cast, and they wer all tiddlers, Tho a 2lb sea trout was a nice bonus

Tight Lines

Shaun

Well there was no weed today but there were no fish either. I tried both rag and mackerel strip to no avail. Fished up to high tide and for a hour or so after. I tried close in and far out and nothing! Can't help feeling I was doing something wrong

• 9 months later...

Hi there - thought I'd just mention that I was at Belhaven Bay a few weeks ago and it was dire - no flounders at all, just a solitary baby turbot. It can have a bit of a lull mid-summer, but I've never had it as bad as this. Could just be me though... :(

If the sandeels really are that scarce this year, maybe the flounders are spending more time munching crabs, so peelers might help, especially if fished into the river rather than the bay. Just an idea. Hope you have a good trip if you decide to go...