Broadlands lake

basshead07

Hi all,

im night fishing a lake next weekend called broadlands quite a well known lake just of the motorway. i have fished here before twice and have caught 1 fish each session with dog biscuit on surface both 10 pound. so due to the fact im goin night fishing i have a few questions.

1) what rig and bait would YOU use? i thought of carp pellets in a pva bag with a tutti fruity boilie dunked in dip on a running ledger hair rig and for the other rod same rig but trout and halibut boilies in pva bag and spicy shrimp and prawn boilie.

2) what would be the chances of getting a late surface carp if its sunny?

3) there are also big pike in there so i need to know how i would go about catchin them i can get live and dead bait not sure what type tho but i can buy them from the onsite tackle shop

any help appreciated, tight lines jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

With respect you can't really just pick a method and expect it to work. Sure the approach you suggest sounds fair, but it depends on fish activity, weather conditions, swim selection etc. Find the fish first and fish to them, as much as is possible and see how it goes. As for pike, lives tend to be better in my experience, but again go prepared. You may for example have more joy with lures than static deadbaits.

Rob.

I have only fished Broadlands once this year, early in the season, only caught one grassy about 13lb in 24hrs, its not an easy lake, mainly due to its size and pressure it recieves, the guy in the shed where you pay knows his stuff, so ask him whats been going on and where the carp have been coming from. As for methods, see what the day is like when you get there, pellet and boillie are always a good starting point but be prepared for something different as that can bring bonus fish. The pike fishing will probably be in full flow now and theres some crackin fish to be caught but i've never fished for them there so can't help there. I heard rumblings recently that its been stocked but don't know if there's and truth in that, let us know how you get on

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"