Texas Reds. (More Photpaint) :-)

Nickaway

Nice fish. Glad they have some restrictions on what you can keep. Be good for the overall health of the fishery.

I envy you folks with the nicer winter weather down there. I truly do.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, In Texas we have a fishing license for salt water. The money raised from this goes towards restocking programs. The Red Fish fishery is now one of the best in the world and a lot of it can be directly attributed to the cash raised by the fishing licenses. Texas has got an amazing amount of fishing and wildlife areas. The bay systems which are inside the barrier islands and the mainland is what most people fish, mainly using light tackle and targeting the Reds and Saltwater Tout. The beach fishing is not as popular but a lot of people do fish it. The young lad OZ who caught the Maco last week has just landed, tagged and released another well sort after shark, the Tiger. Here is the report.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthre...p?threadid=8463 Regards Nickaway

You folks certainly gave your barrier islands a workout this past summer/fall. Seems like the majority of the storms we saw started in the Gulf and headed to Texas.

I just want to say that we North Carolina residents appreciate your taking the brunt of things this year. Really. :D

Have you ever tried the Fishbites for bait?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, as it happened we got away quite light in Corpus. I was about to shut the shop and do a runner then it shot north and slammed into Sargent. That last one that hit NC gave you all a rough time so I here. Fishbites is now part of most peoples tackle down here; it was slow to start but is in most of the shops now. Caught some good fish on it. Regards Nickaway