Hootenanny

Colin Brett

Anyone see last night's show?

Just loved Kylie, what a show girl she is!!

Madness, what can I say?

Love Ruby Turner's voice!!!!

Kaiser Chiefs, [i'm old fashioned] why do you need to swear?? Your music is all you need to draw attention to yourselves!

Seasick Steve is just great I would just love to be in a west of Ireland bar with him doing a gig! What a blast that would be.

Paul McCartney [who I have gone off since the Peta and Pisces thing] was even pretty good.

Wasn't too impressed by Kate Nash, just so much the same all the time.

Finally Duffy, a star in the making perhaps?

Colin

I like Jools face

Anyone see last night's show?

Just loved Kylie, what a show girl she is!!

Madness, what can I say?

Love Ruby Turner's voice!!!!

Kaiser Chiefs, [i'm old fashioned] why do you need to swear?? Your music is all you need to draw attention to yourselves!

Seasick Steve is just great I would just love to be in a west of Ireland bar with him doing a gig! What a blast that would be.

Paul McCartney [who I have gone off since the Peta and Pisces thing] was even pretty good.

Wasn't too impressed by Kate Nash, just so much the same all the time.

Finally Duffy, a star in the making perhaps?

Colin

I like Jools face

Musically speaking, Seasick Steve and Eddie Floyd really made the evening in terms of getting the audience going. Kaiser Chiefs were great, whilst Lulu and Kylie were less nauseating that I expected.

The surprise of the evening was Mika, who was more than a gimmick. His version of I ain't got no / I got life was really good.

Madness were OK, but never really a favourite of mine.

McCartney never has floated my boat and given his espousal of the celebrity tinged politically correct cause he never will, and as for Kate Nash - a poor imitation of Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse, neither of whom I'd listen to outside a torture chamber. A friend described her as about as welcome as a dose of thrush. He was being kind.

What came over loud and clear was just how sympathetic an accompanist is Jools Holland - he is so good, I'd gladly suffer the rubbish that passes for presentational skills.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine