Hi

jut1981

Hi all,

I used to do sea fishing infrequently with my dad when i was a kid. Decided now that I want to coarse fish regularly.

Problem is I'm new to all of this and trying to learn the terminology aswell as get the experience.

I have a cheap rod and pole to get started with (will look into better quality when I know how to use what I have)

I live in Nottingham and was wondering if anyone could recomend good places for beginners.

I have fished with the father in law at wellow dam near edwinstowe in nottinghamshire a couple of times catching small roach, but he was on hand to teach.

Any advice or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jut1981

Welcome to AnglersNet.

I'm moving this to the coarse section where more people will see it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

where abouts in nottingham are you ? ,as it'll help find where your local places are .

to get you started here are some video's you can watch covering the basic's

The Basic's : Floatfishing Explained

The Basic's : Ledgering - Explained

The Basic's :Telescopic poles - Explained

theres plenty of great articles on here to help as well.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Thank You, I'll take a look at those.

I live in Sneinton just outside the City Centre. Tried fishing colwick park loop yesterday, but no bites or signs of fish.

Could just be me though and lack of knowledge.

Anywhere better I should try?

Thank You, I'll take a look at those.

I live in Sneinton just outside the City Centre. Tried fishing colwick park loop yesterday, but no bites or signs of fish.

Could just be me though and lack of knowledge.

Anywhere better I should try?

There's plenty of places in Nottm but I am no expert at fishing this time of year. The Trent is stacked with fish but I find it just too big, wide and deep to fish! I prefer canals and lakes. That said, let me know what type of fishing you like and I'll try to oblige. I live in Nottingham too, though still quite a new boy too.

I've tried the trent too in holme pierrepoint and your right for a beginner like me it's too wide, deep and fast moving, i just don't know what i'm doing. I prefer to fish small ponds or lakes where i feel more comfortable, probably gonna try the nottingham canal as i work next to it by castle marina. Tried colwick park in the loop and that was fruitless, not sure about the big lake as that seems to be were the serious big game carp anglers go. Not after anything that big just yet.