I'm still around . . .

Sutton Warrior

Here we go peoples, one of my 'see it' and 'snap it' shots taken a few days ago, on a dull, early 2008, January day in White Chapel, (Ripper Country) London. Haven't put to much up recently, been around watching though, but life has been a bit negative recently for old SW? Still waving the A640 about, however I feel like I'm getting out of touch?

Double take . . . !

glassdoublerwIMG_0591.jpg

Considering digging the D70s out again, its not seen the light of day for at least 6 months! Perhaps treat myself to a new anti shake 'Elephants trunk' :D (tele/pp lens) ?? The old Sigma 70-300APO is a bit heavy and long in the tooth these days? I like my original Nikon kit 18-70 lens, but avoid the long Sigma because of the weight, although I have a decent tripod now?

Going to get out on the river this year, hence the idea of a new (better?) long lens. All sorts of activity on the estuary around here, twitcher every where, some great water shots, still life . . . can you call misty, moody, nothing on the face of it moving, capturing the moment, 'still life'? You know what I mean.

SW

Good to see you about. How's the Mitchell?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Been looking at the Sigma sight, and spied this little beauty, I think? 50-500!!! the media review at the bottom of the page rate it. It takes over nicely from my from my much liked kit lens. Thats an incredible range and put a x 1.4 or x 2 converter on it and wow! Any one had any experience of this lens, of anything like it. Do converters present any major problem other than in this case a solid tripod and the need for a remote shutter release.

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/lenses/telezoom/50-500mm.htm

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Good to see you about. How's the Mitchell?

Elton,

What you mean this Mitchell ;)

1BowIMG_0393.jpg

Shes shaping up well, now afloat and catching fish . . . when the weather allows :rolleyes: Had an 'old mans' half canvas cover put on, couple of overcoats warmer in there, and we keep the cabin clean by not needing to go in! Plenty of customising to do but essentially we are, 'with rod in hand'! :lol:

looking forward to some serious photography this year, see my previous post. Thats a lens and a half, hire my self out as a 'PI' . . . taking some interesting photos? B)

SW

Your first job will be to find out who nicked your boat.

I'll give you a clue...it was me and Steve Coppolo :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

London is a fascinating city . . . ? for a photographer . . . I have promised myself a day on foot up there some time, all sorts of interesting areas within walking distance. The Gherkin and Lloyd's building are not far way, and of course all the sorts of interesting angle I spy as I 'drive around' <_< The Embankment, Tower Bridge and some great night shots along the Thames from the Bridges. I have seen them all, just need to find that day and somewhere to park the car at a reasonable cost!!!

Got a few ideas how to reduce costs, as the od Taxi would be helpful? Its the night views from the bridges I find haunting!

SW

Been some very positive reports on the Sigma 50-500. Using it with a magnifier will only work on manual focus.

The only complaint I have heard is that the 50mm "lock" is a bit weak on some samples, allowing the zoom to slide open when the lens is carried vertically.

A good lens for the price, by all accounts. :):)

The Older I get .. The better I was.

The 50-500mm is great idea, however, at 86mm filter size, that going to coast an arm and a leg just for a 'sky and a circular polarise' if you can get them? appear to be special order items? On reflection, I think a new APO 70-300mm optimised for digital as a replacement to my non optimised, vintage version would be wiser. Cheap, value for money, I have filters, and if I feel the urge for something like 500mm, I can fit a 1.4 x converter. Much more sensible :rolleyes: Its got a 1:2 macro facility as well.

SW