Stroke Signs

Jeff S

Cheeky b*gger :lol::lol:

Remember age is not the criteria, clotting of the blood is the problem and a good number of young people suffer a stroke and because people think it only happens to the OLDER END the younger ones are in most danger.

The above is written tongue in cheek but it is a serious point, if you take an old fart like me and something happens everyone automatically assumes the worse which is great as a form of protection, if someone in their thirties does the same it will almost definitely be put down to an accident.

No probs Ken. I do actually have a bit of experience (sort of ) with this. My father, 44 years old died (in my arms) from a heart attack 4 years ago. Atherosclerosis to be exact.

From that day , i got my head into book after book regarding this and divulged even further in it.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

No probs Ken. I do actually have a bit of experience (sort of ) with this. My father, 44 years old died (in my arms) from a heart attack 4 years ago. Atherosclerosis to be exact.

From that day , i got my head into book after book regarding this and divulged even further in it.

Truely sorry to hear that Mr. M, it sounds as if he had a similar problem to me which in his case led to a fatal heart attack. That is the reason they kept me in until they could operate a second attack could well have been my last one, plus they dumped me on a course of medicine to stop blood clots etc.

Unfortunately a lot of younger people suffer from cholesterol problems which can in turn cause angina and heart attacks or strokes.

In the case of the first two they are very self evident but with strokes they are a lot harder to detect especially when it happens to someone who to all intense and purpose looks as fit as a fiddle.

My problem was exacerbated because people including family looked upon me as being a lot younger than my years and me being a typical macho idiot put my shortness of breath when carrying things or climbing stairs down to anything other than the fact I was ill and in dire trouble.

I am afraid that men in general are far to flippant about their health and sort of smile at the thought of some form of WELL CLINIC for MEN, that sort of thing does not suit our macho image.

Even though I attended many first aid and other courses during the course of my work, when it came to myself I thought I could still walk through brick walls, just goes to show how thick we can be.

Like you I am very aware now and make a great effort to force my new knowledge on anyone I think

is a likely case for following me down the slippery slope. I am sure they do not love me for it but I hope it sinks in a little and makes them think.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Sorry to hear about your Sister Jim and your Father Mr. M. Losing someone is never an easy thing. I count my self lucky (touch wood) as I haven't lost anyone for a while- guess I'm due either way.

FWIW Chris, I don't see myself as being any more responsible than any other person out there. I would like to think that I might recognize when someone isn't doing so well and maybe make a difference if it came down to it. Not to be a hero but to do the right thing. Spreading the word is easy but acting on it may be a different matter.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...