Region 70 ( Sussex ) Pike Anglers Club welcome Andy FROST

Jon Cook

February sees the Pike Anglers Club welcome well known Norfolk pike angler 'Andy FROST.'

Andy is a born and bred Norfolk man with many pike upto and over that magical 30Lb barrier.

This is Andy's first talk and quite possibly his last and not a night to be missed. I would urge any angler who has visited Norfolk to make this date available in his diary.

As i'm sure most of you are aware Norfolk is often seen as England pike fishing Mecca, so who better to talk about his fishing exploits than one of Norfolk's Finest.

Usual venue being the Kings Head at East-Hoathley on Tuesday 12th February. Meeting from 7.30 onwards, talk starting at 8.

All are more than welcome to attend with prices on the door being £2.50 for PAC members & £3.00 for Non members.

Once again a generous raffle will be held with the proceeds going to a very special charitable cause.

Please contact me on 07717 005 480 for any queries or email me at jonregion70@aol.com

Jon COOK . PAC Regional Organiser

• 4 weeks later...

No Sussex Pikers on here :unsure:

Jon,

West Sussex piker here,but i don't think there are that many of us.Go on, prove me wrong!Recently joined PACGB too after hearing about the club's immediate response to a threatened pike cull on my local river.Keep up the good work!

Gonna try to make it over on Tuesday.

Jon,

West Sussex piker here,but i don't think there are that many of us.Go on, prove me wrong!Recently joined PACGB too after hearing about the club's immediate response to a threatened pike cull on my local river.Keep up the good work!

I'm a keen pike angler living in Crowborough (east sussex) and never have any problem catching them but they're never that big. In fact my best catches are from this season, an 8. 14 from Weirwood and an 8.8 from the Rother at Blackwall Bridge - and I've been fishing for them for 40+ years! So I might just come along to the meeting and find out what I'm doing wrong. By the way can anyone here help with methods on how best to fish these two venues?

Jon,

Good stuff Jeff, a step in the right direction joinng the PAC.

Its hard to belive that in this day and age clubs are still looking to cull strech's of rivers on the ill perceived idea that it will improve thier fishing.

There are a number of members who are based around West Sussex, so your not alone!

See ya there.

I'm a keen pike angler living in Crowborough (east sussex) and never have any problem catching them but they're never that big. In fact my best catches are from this season, an 8. 14 from Weirwood and an 8.8 from the Rother at Blackwall Bridge - and I've been fishing for them for 40+ years! So I might just come along to the meeting and find out what I'm doing wrong. By the way can anyone here help with methods on how best to fish these two venues?

Hi Roy, Not fished wierwood but its on the list !!! How you fishing it, boat or bank, baits or lures?

As for the River, Livebaits are the way forward there, and keep mobile. It pays to venture further afield from the bridge.

See you on Tuesday and i'll gladly tell you more. Andy will be giving a few pointers, which being a tidal river will be more than appropriate, and put extra fish on the bank

Are you a PAC member, loads of advice on there with quite a number of anglers who fish the waters you've named.

PAC 30 books on sale too, which has a few local wackers in it, by some local anglers and how they were caugh, worth every penny of the 25 notes.

Hi Roy, Not fished wierwood but its on the list !!! How you fishing it, boat or bank, baits or lures?

As for the River, Livebaits are the way forward there, and keep mobile. It pays to venture further afield from the bridge.

See you on Tuesday and i'll gladly tell you more. Andy will be giving a few pointers, which being a tidal river will be more than appropriate, and put extra fish on the bank

Are you a PAC member, loads of advice on there with quite a number of anglers who fish the waters you've named.

PAC 30 books on sale too, which has a few local wackers in it, by some local anglers and how they were caugh, worth every penny of the 25 notes.

Thanks for your reply Jon. No, not a PAC member but looks like something I should entertain. Hopefully I'll catch up with you on Tuesday and you can give me a few pointers.

I would like to have come but we have our club AGM. Does anyone run them in Surrey or Hampshire? I know they used to as I went to a couple some years back? Hope you have a great evening, maybe next time.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!