Prices for long banksticks

Anderoo

Price check time!

I need to buy some long banksticks and have seen some in my local tackle shop for £12.99 each. They seem very sturdy (I think they're actually supposed to be storm poles), have a brass screw-type thread at the bottom and a secure fastening for the extending section. Unextended, they're about 4ft long.

Does that sound like a fair price? Also, as they're probably storm poles, do you reckon they might be a bit thick to get into gravelly banks?

Thanks for any help - I don't want to end up with a load of duffers :thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Price check time!

I need to buy some long banksticks and have seen some in my local tackle shop for £12.99 each. They seem very sturdy (I think they're actually supposed to be storm poles), have a brass screw-type thread at the bottom and a secure fastening for the extending section. Unextended, they're about 4ft long.

Does that sound like a fair price? Also, as they're probably storm poles, do you reckon they might be a bit thick to get into gravelly banks?

Do they have screw bottoms so you can literally screw them into the bank?

Rich

Price check time!

I'm very fond of the Dinsmores power drive bank sticks they have screw in bottoms and are around a tenner for a long one.

You can get a thin one or a much sturdier thick one.

Excellent, cheers folks. Sounds like the Dinsmores are well worth checking out, and cheaper than the ones I saw too. Richard, yes, they had screw bottoms.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The screw ones are excellent at most venues. However at Wingham where some of the swims are very gravelly I've found that they're not much cop. Even a screw won't go into stones!

Here I much prefer ones with a long thin brass point made by King's Angling. These go down between the gravel. You can see my field test at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...banksticks.html

I'd add that I've used these for almost 5 years now. They're the only aluminium banksticks that I've never bent!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The screw ones are excellent at most venues. However at Wingham where some of the swims are very gravelly I've found that they're not much cop. Even a screw won't go into stones!

Here I much prefer ones with a long thin brass point made by King's Angling. These go down between the gravel. You can see my field test at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...banksticks.html

I'd add that I've used these for almost 5 years now. They're the only aluminium banksticks that I've never bent!

Very useful, thanks Steve. Do you know how much they cost or where they're available from (it'll save me phoning them up!)?

Very useful, thanks Steve. Do you know how much they cost or where they're available from (it'll save me phoning them up!)?

I got mine from Den's Tackle in Hythe. I think the long ones cost me £14 less my normal 10% discount.

However Den's not dealing with King's any more. However he says you should be able to get them from Maidstone Angling. Their number is 01622 677326.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Anderoo, if you have trouble getting some bank sticks like the ones Steve has suggested, let me know and I make up something for you at work.

That sounds great - could you make them extendable?