Industry to get it right

barry luxton

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...t_it_right.html

I think this guy is refering to the new scheme of real time closures to protect the cod stock, reward is more time at sea. One question i have is how many closures to date in relation to how many days at sea have been rewarded.

He is saying that they must get this right, have they run out of any other suggestion re: the cod stocks then?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think this guy is refering to the new scheme of real time closures to protect the cod stock, reward is more time at sea. One question i have is how many closures to date in relation to how many days at sea have been rewarded.

He is saying that they must get this right, have they run out of any other suggestion re: the cod stocks then?

Barry - 'fraid I can't really answer the amount of days question, but as a bit more background info the closure took place 2 days after the following question received its answer in the Scottish Parliament on 14 Jan 08

John Scott (Ayr) (Con): To ask the Scottish Executive how many real time voluntary closures of fisheries have been initiated since the inception of the scheme; how long each closure was in place; how many times any commercial impact zone has had two or more closures, and what quantities of fish were discarded before any such closures were implemented.

Mr Michael Russell (SNP):

A pilot Real Time Closures scheme was introduced in Scotland on 1 September 2007. 54 samples have been taken and to date there have been no closures as the level of juvenile cod on any monitored voyages has not reached the trigger point, though examples of behavioural change on the part of fishermen avoiding small cod have been noted. The trigger point was originally set at 60 juveniles per hour’s fishing effort and was subsequently reduced on 8 November 2007 to 50 juveniles per hour’s fishing effort. So far the scheme is voluntary and there is no obligation on vessels to report quantities of fish discarded prior to landing. We expect to expand the scheme in 2008.

www.ssacn.org

Guest challenge

hi Barry, was out on a sea patrol today, ok it was a bit breezy but only came across one commercial fishing boat and he was potting under the cliffs.

Steamed down to the Tyne and popped in for a visit.

It was gusting 60 to 65 knots as we made our way up the Tyne, so I thought at least there would be a good size fleet laid in for weather? There was about 6 boats and 5 of these where prawners. Asked one of the lads on the quay if there was anyone at sea from shields and he said no, what you see is all that is left of a once proud fleet.

Steamed home to Whitby to find the entire white fleet 8 boats tied up for weather.

we where in scarbourgh a couple of days ago and there where only 3 small trawlers working from there for white fish, Bridlington we visited the same day and there where no boats fishing for white fish there.

Haven’t managed to get to hull or Grimsby yet but according to our records there are only a total of 4 boats fishing for white fish from the combined ports.

So who is caching all this first year fish? Haven’t seen any Scottish boats in these areas for a long time.

95 % of the under ten metre boats between the Humber and the Tyne are only fishing within the shellfish fishery. So who for gods sake is caching all the fish? I think we are going to run out of a fishing fleet long before we run out of excuses.

Regards.

Hello Barry

It's a case of fishermen trying hard to be seen to be doing something to pacify those that need to be seen to be doing some thing (government) to pacify those that perceive that some thing has to be done(greens)

I fish to live and live to fish.

hi Barry, was out on a sea patrol today, ok it was a bit breezy but only came across one commercial fishing boat and he was potting under the cliffs.

It was gusting 60 to 65 knots as we made our way up the Tyne, so I thought at least there would be a good size fleet laid in for weather? There was about 6 boats and 5 of these where prawners. Asked one of the lads on the quay if there was anyone at sea from shields and he said no, what you see is all that is left of a once proud fleet.

Steamed home to Whitby to find the entire white fleet 8 boats tied up for weather.

we where in scarbourgh a couple of days ago and there where only 3 small trawlers working from there for white fish, Bridlington we visited the same day and there where no boats fishing for white fish there.

Haven’t managed to get to hull or Grimsby yet but according to our records there are only a total of 4 boats fishing for white fish from the combined ports.

So who is caching all this first year fish? Haven’t seen any Scottish boats in these areas for a long time.

95 % of the under ten metre boats between the Humber and the Tyne are only fishing within the shellfish fishery. So who for gods sake is caching all the fish? I think we are going to run out of a fishing fleet long before we run out of excuses.

Regards.

Mornin Challenge, Do you have to wear a uniform and hat for the job :) (joke, honest) is this why the rsa are in line for management, no commercial work then. I'm sure the sfc wouldn't go out and buy a nice shiny patrol boat and have to flog it again, would they. According to your post then there will be loads of cod for all, thank goodness for that, looking forward to a few woppers already. Still trying for a thirty.

Hi Wurzel, Can't disagree with your post ;) very good.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Regards.

I found a fascinating read about the History of the area at

http://books.google.com/books?id=SaM9AAAAI...p2I4zs#PPA22,M1

Particularly the bottom of page 23. Some things never change

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Guest challenge
Mornin Challenge, Do you have to wear a uniform and hat for the job :) (joke, honest) is this why the rsa are in line for management, no commercial work then. I'm sure the sfc wouldn't go out and buy a nice shiny patrol boat and have to flog it again, would they. According to your post then there will be loads of cod for all, thank goodness for that, looking forward to a few woppers already. Still trying for a thirty.

Hi Wurzel, Can't disagree with your post ;) very good.

No need to worry about us Barry, we have more work than just the one boat can easily handle in such a large area.

We did not go aback of 6 miles as we only have jurisdiction out to there.

Last time I was out aback of six miles we could not move for pelagic fishermen mostly Danes. We also came across quite a few French fishermen who where bottom trawling.

The week before last we managed to board about 40 odd vessels but only two of them where trawling.

Of course we will soon be going trawling ourselves? But for research purposes only.

Next time your up in this part of the world (and where in port) please pop on board and I will be more than happy to show you around.

As for uniforms Barry, I have several, as for wearing them that depends on what we are doing.

Regards and hope you get your 30lb fish.

No need to worry about us Barry, we have more work than just the one boat can easily handle in such a large area.

We did not go aback of 6 miles as we only have jurisdiction out to there.

Last time I was out aback of six miles we could not move for pelagic fishermen mostly Danes. We also came across quite a few French fishermen who where bottom trawling.

The week before last we managed to board about 40 odd vessels but only two of them where trawling.

Of course we will soon be going trawling ourselves? But for research purposes only.

Next time your up in this part of the world (and where in port) please pop on board and I will be more than happy to show you around.

As for uniforms Barry, I have several, as for wearing them that depends on what we are doing.

Regards and hope you get your 30lb fish.

Thanks and regards for the info Challenge.

I found a fascinating read about the History of the area at

http://books.google.com/books?id=SaM9AAAAI...p2I4zs#PPA22,M1

Particularly the bottom of page 23. Some things never change

That book is a British treasure IMHO. Sent my copy off for John to read but its about time some angling publisher got it cranked out for todays sea anglers IMHO.

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net