Bait Boats

frenchdub

Hi Guys,

I've just started to conduct a little poll over on my blog about Bait Boats. Now I've never personally banned them on my waters, but I don't care for them and don't use them... So what do you all think?

Have a read of my article on Angling Lines Blog

Fill in the Poll and add a comment if you wish...

Best Regards

Gareth

Edited by frenchdub

Hi Guys,

I've just started to conduct a little poll over on my blog about Bait Boats. Now I've never personally banned them on my waters, but I don't care for them and don't use them... So what do you all think?

Have a read of my article on Angling Lines Blog

Fill in the Poll and add a comment if you wish...

Best Regards

Gareth

Gareth,

Not a very open poll in my opinion and doesn't cover the options. I for example would ban them because too many idiots abuse them and poach other peoples swims with them. Doesn't mean I'd never, ever use one, but I won't cry if I can't.

Rob.

there will always be 2 sides to bait boats but some ppl like em and other dont!!

i met a few exprienced fishermen in there late 50's and 1 uses a boat where as the other 1 doesnt.

but looking at in their point of view alot of the older anglers it gets harder to cast, so by using a boat helps them out!

but i understand what Rob is sayin ppl do abuse it and sneak into your swim, they say "they didnt know" but full well they do!

i am neither for or against the bait boat because it has its advantages and disadvantages!!!!!

martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

I always believed that if you can't cast there, don't fish there; as it's possible that control of the fish when hooked, would be compromised and the well-being of the fish jeopardised.

My local club water has a 2oz weight limit on fishing weights and the fish are usually at about 120 - 130 yards away close to a heavily snagged island which is well out of my range.

My inclination is to leave the carp to others and go for the fish I can reach and play safely. I seriously doubt I could do that with the aid of a bait boat.

After all, there are a host of other specimen carp waters around where I can cast to the fish....so is it, in my case, going to be £600 well spent?

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine