Folding boats'

AlanPortsmouth

Has anyone used or seen the folding boats that seem to keep appearing in Google ads all the time (can't remember what they are called). They look ideal for what I need... But, I'd like to hear from people with some experience of them as I'd have to mail order unseen to where I live. Do they live up to the claims they make?

I'll try and find the link....

Live Angler - Share your fishing photo's and videos with the world!

I have got the 12 foot one which i use for piking on the Thames and its the dogs for that,No more leaving your trailer chained to a tree by a slipway and hoping that its still there when you come back.

Get some of the swivel seats that clamp to the thwarts and you can fish in comfort all day,easy to put together when you have done it a couple of times and you can get a wheel dolly kit which makes moving them around easy.

Not best on a large stillwater or sea when its rough as there freeboard hight isnt great when anchoring,drifting but in sheltered waters should be fine.

Floor moves under you when you move around which takes a bit of getting used to but actualy makes them very stable when you get used to it.

They are a bit pricey compared to other boats but are easier to launch just about anywhere due to being car toppable ,I can drop mine in anywhere there is access to the Thames not just at slipways.

Take up very little space to store compared with normall boat trailer set ups but the seats,transom plate,outboard and fuel tank take upa bit of room in the car during transport.

The dealers in this country are called Intramore and another guy using a porta bote on the Thames has his own site do a search for HECHTJAGER porta-bote gallery his is the 10 foot version which should give you an idea mate steve.

Ps forgot to mention that unlike a inflatable they cannot be punctured and i have used mine in weir pools fast currents etc with no probs,mine has a 6 hp suzuki and 1 up it well motors steve.

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Not to keen on the idea of a folding boat :rolleyes::whistling:

But I did see a rib that loads onto a purpose built roof rack, 12' long and 5' beam, two rear jockey wheels, it looked the bees knees for any one who did not want to tow a trailer, will try and locate link again.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist