· Five assorted spinners

7.0ft | 2.10m | reel size: 035

1939_.jpg

Edited by butiaboy

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

B)

further more the spinners have paper stick ons for the graphics, reels are of such poor quality they are 100% unusable

cheers saves me wasting my cash ;)

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

I can only add to what's already been written. They are poor quality and NOT worth buying.

I don't know how, or why, a company with as big a name as Shakspeare, can put it's name to something as bad as this.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

i bought one for my nephew to kick about with on the canal where small roach patrol to try and get him involved, i wish i hadn't. line on it can be used for pike, although would seriously not recommend it, the telescopic rod will jam when you try to stick it back in, the reel is very unbalanced (spool wobbles about), the bail arm doesn't stay open and comes loose then falls off, the anti reverse is.... well pretty much non existent,

the parts in which you secure the reel to the rod will likely snap when you tighten it up (made of light plastic no metal enforcing

the only upside to all that crap is the non telescopic shakespear rod from the same league as that one (sold in aplastic and cardboard wrapper) is "ok" for kids to catch small roach & perch for children. providing you can find a decent little starter reel, preferably one not made entirely of toxic plastics

I can only add to what's already been written. They are poor quality and NOT worth buying.

I don't know how, or why, a company with as big a name as Shakspeare, can put it's name to something as bad as this.

because it makes money, they know, i know, you know that its the first thing anyone new to fishing will see and think "oh its cheap ill get this just incase i don't like fishing and waist all my money"

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i bought one for my nephew to kick about with on the canal where small roach patrol to try and get him involved, i wish i hadn't. line on it can be used for pike, although would seriously not recommend it, the telescopic rod will jam when you try to stick it back in, the reel is very unbalanced (spool wobbles about), the bail arm doesn't stay open and comes loose then falls off, the anti reverse is.... well pretty much non existent,

the parts in which you secure the reel to the rod will likely snap when you tighten it up (made of light plastic no metal enforcing

the only upside to all that crap is the non telescopic shakespear rod from the same league as that one (sold in aplastic and cardboard wrapper) is "ok" for kids to catch small roach & perch for children. providing you can find a decent little starter reel, preferably one not made entirely of toxic plastics

because it makes money, they know, i know, you know that its the first thing anyone new to fishing will see and think "oh its cheap ill get this just incase i don't like fishing and waist all my money"

can you suggest a good rod ?

I already have a reel a shakespeare firebird 36 spinning reel with a gear ratio of 4.6.1

2008_0801craig0051.jpg