Carp float rod

Colin Payne

The day ticket water I fish has some good margin fishing with carp 6lb upwards. I'm looking to spend say £30-£40 on a float rod with a fairly high line capability and the strength to cope with the odd double figure lump. Any recommendations at all?

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Hi Co;in

I bought a Drennan power carp float rod last year and am delighted with it. They are around £80 but got mine on ebay as new for £60.

I use it with either a feeder sized fixed spool or if not fishing to far out a centrepin. Both are loaded with 6lb line.

I have had plenty of carp to 13lbs but has the added bonus of giving good sport with smaller species tench etc.

:offtopic: My advise would be to use a pole for the margins, good 6m-8m margin poles can be purchased for a bit more than that, the reason is because the margins are often covered in weed and near to growth from the bank so a pole is easier to get the bait where you need it!! it is also easier (I think) to stop the carp on the pole, also the water is clearer and shallow(er) in the margins so you have the benefit of using lighter rig materials!! in matches running to around 5o'clock in the summer the last hour i put a large chunk of meat into the margins with a dibber float and 18-20 elastic the other side of my keep nets :clap: ! hope this helps, :fish: remember the biggest carp on comercials are more than not caught in the margins and not in the middle!! ;)
wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....