Torness Power Station fishing possibilities

peterthefisherman

Hi Peter

You need to fish the Thorntonloch side - where the hot water outlets are.

Basically drive into the power station and keep to the right until you come to the beach - the outlets are on you left - best to wear waders if you have them and fish on the plateau

Bass and Mullet can be caught here.

The best tactic for the Bass is an artificial eel spun about 6ft behind a bubble float/surface controller - though bait will catch the odd one from the beach.

The Mullet are harder to catch - but light float gear, small hooks and loads of patience help :)

I have heard rumours that cars are getting broken into/vandalised at night so be careful where you park!

Kenny

torness is fishing poor at the moment due to the cold water.

Dont worry about the car now as Torness has shut of access to anywhere beyond the carpark for cars. This area is covered by cameras. A bit further to walk but not too far.

I used to fish the flat rocks to the right hand side of the outlet, pretty good for the bass,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

one of the reactors is turned off i have been told.

anyway gave it a try yesterday and a few mullet surfaced for some bread flake but all in all it was very poor. Bass anglers had no luck at all.

will post here when warm water is back.

• 1 month later...

water was warm today and the first real show of fish for the year for me.

between me and my mate we got 1 good mullet three golden greys and a few very small bass.

a couple of big losses too.