Carp Fishing in the UK at it's worst

cappy1961

Here's the reason you couldn't get it Peter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7262071.stm

I could get onto YouTube but the video wouldn't load at the time. I've seen it now - unfortunately.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Unfortunately, there's plenty of other bad examples on there :(

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sadly, fish-bashing is still very common practice, even on "gamefish," here in the US. We still have to give our customers daily "crash-courses" on proper fish-handling. Carp often get the worst of it; it wasn't very long ago that anyone who caught a Carp was expected to mutilate it and hang the remains from a tree on the roadside. A number of my relatives remember doing that when they were kids. Some of us are working hard to change that attitude, and respect for fish is slowly becoming more commonplace, I am glad to say.

A couple of years ago, a UK fishing website owned by a well known carp angler, thought it was highly amusing to show photos of some of their members (one of them a moderator) stamping on poisson-chat in France, with one of the photos being a close up of the dorsal spine impaled on the sole of his shoe. I wonder if any of them are feigning outrage about these latest thugs.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• 1 year later...

CARP POACHING

We recently witnessed 5 people kill 30 year old carp by a canal. I was completely unaware that this type of thing happens in the UK, they had found a space in-between moored residential boats and fished throughout the night from 1.30am - 8am not using rods or proper equipment (no licence and in a strictly no fishing area), the fish in that stretch of canal are so tame, they are more like pets and they would have been getting a bite every 10 minutes at least. Then they hauled them out and threw them into the bushes behind (so that they did not have them in their posession should a bailiff catch them) the fish were be left to die, once they were dead, they took them away for consumption. . . The following night they came back again but the bailiffs caught them along with the Police, their car was impounded, two were caught but three of them escaped, the result of the arrests is yet to be confirmed. To make it even more intimidating and quite scary they had weapons.

Having looked into this further and from speaking with local bailiffs it's not just carp but all specimen of fish that are slaughtered illegally plus swans, ducks and other wildlife. One of the local bailiffs saw a man with a noose walking round the canal trying to hook swans, one swan was already tied to a park bench and when approached the man ran off. This is happening in our local area so am not sure if it is a wide spread problem but it could be a growing problem.

There has to be a stop to this so I started a government petition which has been approved and I need to get over 500 signatures by 29 December 2009 in order for them to review the current legislation and penalties for this behaviour.

If you have witnessed this yourself or know of anyone who has even been robbed whilst fishing please sign this petition as I am looking to make canals, lakes and rivers safer places for people to fish and enjoy the countryside without witnessing or being subjected to this type of unacceptable behaviour.

IF YOU WANT TO SIGN THE GOVERNMENT PETITION PLEASE CLICK ON THE BELOW LINK . . .

To sign the petition please click on this link:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Carppoaching/

You will be asked for your name, address and email address, this is anonymous. Once you complete those details click on 'sign.'

You will then receive an email from Downing Street or Number 10 with a link attached, YOU NEED TO CLICK ON THAT LINK TO SUBMIT YOUR NAME TO THE PETITION.

Thank you for your support - please pass this on to as many people as you can so that together we can make a difference.

Is there something special about carp then?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!