February Comp ..

MrWiggly

As Judge of the January comp., I'm not sure whether to take offence at . . . " thanks must go to all voters . . . I'm not so sure about the judging part !! "

My view of the pictures was my view, Mr Wiggly opinion has no bearing on how I saw the January comp., pictures, it also intimates the requirement of a technical explanation from future judges, watch out you technophobes! You wont get a look in, technical understanding only.

I seem to recall a couple of incidents in the past where the 'competition judges integrity' has been question?? Then and now, I ask, why?? Nothing in the rules says 'technical only'. Not that it matters, I still see pictures as 'pictures', technically I have no wish to go down the 'anorak' rout, and I certainly dont pretend to know all the answers.

I wont be judging again, cos I wont be entering the competition again, as my efforts do not seem to be appreciated.

I put quite a few hours into judging that comp., my way, voting on 6 pictures??? Afraid offence has been taken. :nono: SW

===================================

Hi all ...

My statement has obviously been taken out of context.

I was indeed refering to my difficulties in judging the current Comp, and there was no intention to degrade the effort or the quality of previous judges. An outstanding job has been done by all judges !!

It appears that most members have grasped the correct context of my statement, but I can understand that it can be read in various ways.

It is a shame that SW has seen fit to take offence , for no offence was intended.

I shall strive to be more careful with my English in the future !

Can we please now get back on topic ?

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

As Judge of the January comp., I'm not sure whether to take offence at . . . " thanks must go to all voters . . . I'm not so sure about the judging part !! "

I still see pictures as 'pictures', technically I have no wish to go down the 'anorak' rout, and I certainly dont pretend to know all the answers.

SW

I also feel Mr W was saying he wasn't looking forward to the judging bit, certainly not a criticism of you.

I also am not looking forward to judging should one of my "pictures" come up trumps! :blink:

Re. your comments of seeing pictures as pictures, that's as I would also see things. :D :D

Colin

Also read it in the way mrwiggly wanted us to read it but have to say i can see where your coming from also SW but i often read things the wrong way when receiving text messages....sometimes it hard to put things in to text as you know what you mean but often gets read differently.

Common SW.....will be a shame for you not to take part in the comps and personally i love some of your shots and being a fello nikon man you gotta stay with us :D you been a great help mate.

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

OK, I obviously have a serious problem, some sort of complex? I can see how the post can be read both ways, that I took it the wrong way, I appologise, rocking the boat again? I also appreciate all positive coments, thank you all.

Its bed time, I need to rest, I am obviously all screwed up at the moment. :unsure: Seems I cant put a foot right at the moment a Wiggly?

SW