carp stones , weights

henda11

what weight stones would i need?, i know they come in 20, 40 , 60 and 80 grams, but im unsure about what weight i will need, i will be using line in between the 10 and 15lb mark. any help is appreciated

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

well i got myself some ready made rigs where you just need to attached the weight.

its a rig from pallatrax , the stonze system. its called a stumpy rig i think, and its said to be ideal if your just attaching the weight and a pva bag full of goodies to the hook with ur bait.

ok, thanks for the help, also i was wondering if you could help me on a few more things.

ill be going to wing lakes in oakham, near stamford on april 5th which is a saturday, i wont be fishing until the sunday so would it be a good idea to bait up the spot with my preferred baits the day before i actually start fishing?, baring in mind they do not allow groundbait or boilies.

baits of choice are, maggots, halibut pellets, red and yellow sweetcorn and a few others.

i will be fishing for a total of 3 or 4 days

As your fishing for a few days might be best to bait up once your in the swim you fiunally choose.I say this as youve got no garantee that you will get the swim, after putting all your pre bait in.Also I have always found it best to leave my choice of swim tiill the last minute as it pays to try and find the fish first and fish there.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i know that water temperature will effect my fishing, but at what extent?, will i definently not catch anything?, will it make it harder?, and what have been your results during this cold weather?

i know that water temperature will effect my fishing, but at what extent?, will i definently not catch anything?, will it make it harder?, and what have been your results during this cold weather?

April and late March can be brilliant times to fish. Water temps will be cold, but I suspect it won't affect catch rates too much. I'd suggest you put in a small amount of bait, but watch and see what happens, and observe other anglers patterns - especially those that you see catching. You can always put in more bait, but you can't take it out !

Rob.

well the 1st time i went to the lakes i didnt fish, i was just throwing in a few oily halibut pellets and some maggots and the carp were going pretty loopy, they were taking the pellets the second they hit the water and they were doing leaps out of the water aswell.. each lake is over a acre but for its smallish size it is fairly stocked, it is down in the middle of the country owned by wing hall.. and it is a brilliant tranquil setting, ill be sure to get photos for you all to look at when i return.

but i hope i have some luck..