My Rigs

henda11

i never normally have the patiences for making rigs, but i gave it a go today, i did a stumpy rig, and a maggot feeder type rig with tubing on it aswell..

i was just wondering if you could tell me whether they would do the job for catching carp?

fishing1.jpg

fishing2.jpg

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

Why not buy a couple of good quality ready-made ones and, basically, copy them, if you're that worried?!

I use the simplest of rigs - a bit of rig tube and a basic hair rig - but do okay. As Budgie says, getting it in front of a carp is more important.

I've fished with my mate Julian Grattidge a few times and admire his carp fishing a lot. He ties the most basic rigs there are 99% of the time, but searches out the likely feeding spots. And he catches far more carp than me! You can find some of his articles on Anglers' Net:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-Articles/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I agree with what the guys are saying, i have been using an inline lead for the last two years. For me its the best set up in the world. It can be turned in to a running lead, method feeder, also a shock rig that i am planning on using the next time i go out. It can also be set up set up so that the weight falls off when the fish takes the bait, like a lead clip, so allowing me to fish near snags and weedy lakes without the worry of what happens if the fish gets snagged when i am playing it as i know the lead will fall off. I use a simple hair rig with a wide gape hook, using a knotless knot to make the hair rig.

But back to the point i was gunna make, concentrate on finding the fish. I will soon be fishing a 22 acre lake, with Carp up to 45lbs, now i have never fished a body of water that big, i will be using my tried and tested rigs, and more concerned about trying to locate the fish, which i guess will take me a while cause i aint that good with the old feature finding tactics.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!