Line Color?

henda11

does line color matter to a fish? does it effect the way you fish? i got some line that i got of the internet and theyve sent the wrong color.. its like a lightish green color. ( probably a stupid question to ask lol )

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

OI OI,

The only two coulors i tend to use when fishing is grey or green & had no problem's.

Sea fishing i use red cos it's the only coulor that my son & pals DONT use LOL

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I doubt it matters. A lot of people swear that, if the fish sees the line, they won't hit. The thing is, though, that ANY line, no matter what the colour, is going to block light and therefore show up as a thin black line, and most colours don't show as anything but black at depth anyway. Ice fishermen here often use bright yellow line, right down to the lure, and the fish don't seem to care. Multiple tournaments have been won with that yellow stuff. Somebody I know even uses bright yellow Poer-Pro for Carp-fishing (which we all tease him for!), but it seems to work for him.

Somebody I know even uses bright yellow Poer-Pro for Carp-fishing (which we all tease him for!), but it seems to work for him.

Err - that would be me with 50lb or heavier but I didn't know we'd met. :huh:

I do use waterproof magic markers to 'camo' the last 3-4 feet if the fish are acting spooky though and try to pin the line to the bottom.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So Kooky Kevin's NOT the only one who uses gold line? :lol:

Hi there

I agree with the others that I doubt it matters... I prefer a nice green line like Nash Bullet or Daiwa Sensor, but have used clear Berkeley big Game a lot, since my boss brought me back 7 miles of line from the US.

In France for years the locals have used fluoro line...

so really is depends on you taste and what looks cool on the reel... they all catch fish....

cheers

Gareth

Line Color? I currently use RED or Green Power-Pro 50lb. with an 80lb. leader or 80lb. line stright through or one of the rods having a 13ft. leader that is 100lb. Power-Pro YELLOW. This weekend, I found that it actually made no difference as the fish were hitting on each of them. I have specifficly changed to PP Red in order to maximize the Invisibility of the line when fish are SHY! Here, the fish are not the least bit Line Shy or for the most part noise shy. Once they start to bite, they block out anything other than the food.

HOPPY4

HOPPY