middy hi viz elastic

rmh

What sort of fish is the middy hi viz specimen yellow 6-10 elastic designed to handle. would it be strong enough to handle smallish carp but light enough not to bump off smaller fish like roach and perch.

thanks for any advice

I have used both at one point and i find the 6 - 10 elastic if it isnt set too tightly does not bump off too many silvers. its preaty much an all rounder but does bump the smaller silvers. handles small to medium sized carp brilliantly though!

ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA!

i use th yellow in one of my power top twos!! i use it in matches fishing shallow with pellets for carp!! handles 1lb to 15lb with ease. Im pretty sure it is rated 8-10 though?!?!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Not used the Yellow but I have used the lighter Green.Fine for small carp and silvers.My only critisism is that it needs changing more regularly than other brands.

just bought a ready made pole rig to try out. it has a 3lb mainline and 2,5lb hooklengh. can i use this rig with the middy hi viz specimen yellow elastic.

Not used the Yellow but I have used the lighter Green.Fine for small carp and silvers.My only critisism is that it needs changing more regularly than other brands.

Hoping to buy some new pole rigs some new pole rigs soon. they have a 3lb mainline and 2.5lb hooklength. can i use these rigs with the middy hi viz specimen yellow elastic because i've heard you have to match elastic to line strength

We were only talking about this over the weekens. Mate swears by Middy Hi Viz and fishes it on local commercials. It should cope with carp 4-5 lbs as long as you don't try to bully them to the net.

We were only talking about this over the weekens. Mate swears by Middy Hi Viz and fishes it on local commercials. It should cope with carp 4-5 lbs as long as you don't try to bully them to the net.

cheers for the advice