sea fishing in tenerife

didi

Im going to tenerife in a couple of week's to a place called los galletos just outside los cristianos . im taking a couple of rods with me to fish the harbour and beach there , has anyone got any tips on rigs bait and tacticks and any idea's on what i may catch many thanks ;) looking forward to any reply's

Im going to tenerife in a couple of week's to a place called los galletos just outside los cristianos . im taking a couple of rods with me to fish the harbour and beach there , has anyone got any tips on rigs bait and tacticks and any idea's on what i may catch many thanks ;) looking forward to any reply's

Dont think you can fish in the harbour,as they are some large mullet etc...as all in tenerife...seen the locals with bread and bits of chopped up fish...call in the nearest Netto and buy the bait they have squid and small sardine type fish..that will start you off...most float fish using small hooks...like coarse fishing over here...no big hooks..you will have good fun..I am off in 3wks for my 15days then go again in back of year...if you fish off rocks be carefull..see where the old locals go..they all have telly rods about 12lb line and float fish with carp size hooks...watched them for about 20yrs now and never seen anything what i call big enough to eat..hope you catch,I am out there on the 13 may

Dont think you can fish in the harbour,as they are some large mullet etc...as all in tenerife...seen the locals with bread and bits of chopped up fish...call in the nearest Netto and buy the bait they have squid and small sardine type fish..that will start you off...most float fish using small hooks...like coarse fishing over here...no big hooks..you will have good fun..I am off in 3wks for my 15days then go again in back of year...if you fish off rocks be carefull..see where the old locals go..they all have telly rods about 12lb line and float fish with carp size hooks...watched them for about 20yrs now and never seen anything what i call big enough to eat..hope you catch,I am out there on the 13 may

Im going on the 15th cant wait :) you will probably see me in cristianos harbour fishing with my 2 kids ..thanks for your reply ill take a good mixture of tackle with me because im going to leave it there as my mother has a mobile home on a holiday park out there near los galletos happy holidays BEN

Take some artificial bread as well to stop it being robbed off the hook straight away. Take a catty for getting the groundbait further if need be and I preferred a controller float to a bubble or stick float.

There are a couple of charters run from Christianos harbour and one of the skippers said it was worth spinning at dusk for cudas.

I also tried dead baiting a small mullet and got smashed up :(

Tight lines and have a great holiday :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• 2 weeks later...
Take some artificial bread as well to stop it being robbed off the hook straight away. Take a catty for getting the groundbait further if need be and I preferred a controller float to a bubble or stick float.

There are a couple of charters run from Christianos harbour and one of the skippers said it was worth spinning at dusk for cudas.

I also tried dead baiting a small mullet and got smashed up :(

Tight lines and have a great holiday :)

Just check when you get there you might need a 'licence' cos when I fished Gran Canaria the local police were quite nasty about it.

Just check when you get there you might need a 'licence' cos when I fished Gran Canaria the local police were quite nasty about it.

you do need a licence,all of spain is licenced.

each region having its own.

its come up here a number of times,and ive put on here several times,that if you get caught without,by a nasty cop, it can be unpleasant.

hope you didnt get put off too much by it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wg-SWnuLhkU&feature=related

a lot of the ports employ private security,one of the main companies is called prosegur.

they have a very bad reputation,for violence.

they are also employed to look after security in places like the madrid metro, i just had a look on youtube,and found the above clip(amongst many)

its possible that it was them you came across and not the police.

if it says "pesca prohibida"dont fish there!!

cheers dave.

Dave

I wonder sometimes that we just talk to ourselves over the issue of Spanish licences; it's OK to condemn eastern Europeans etc. for fishing in the UK illegally but seemingly those same rules and standards do not apply to Brits when they venture abroad.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Dave

I wonder sometimes that we just talk to ourselves over the issue of Spanish licences; it's OK to condemn eastern Europeans etc. for fishing in the UK illegally but seemingly those same rules and standards do not apply to Brits when they venture abroad.

Tony

lol,very true tony! Its part of a bigger picture or attitude,that includes the brits calling immigrants,"immigrants"..........but themselves when they move countries,"expats".

dont want to go down this line too far as its going off topic,but you try calling a brit abroad "an immigrant" and see what happens! :lol:

regards dave. :thumbs:

p.s hope sue is well.