Eating carp...

bingo

i have catalan friends who eat some of their catfish from the ebro.ive never thought of eating catfish,but they say its really good. anybody else tried it?

i belive them, as all forms of fish, are eaten, much more in spain than in the uk, and they are generaly, very critical over how its prepared and cooked.

The Organic farmed carp featured recently on Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's programme were moved from their lake location into freshwater tanks 5 or 6 weeks prior to being sold . This supposedly helped flush the fishes flesh/system out , removing a lot of the earthy tang .

I'm pretty sure that the people in this clip are the exact same couple Hugh visited.

i have catalan friends who eat some of their catfish from the ebro.ive never thought of eating catfish,but they say its really good. anybody else tried it?

I've eaten catfish many times and it really does taste good. It's a real pain to clean (peeling the skin off is a job in itself)... but worth the effort. Good eating.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

The reason Monastries had Carp ponds was that the friars (no pun intended) were only allowed to eat fish on Fridays and there was no links from the coast to get fresh fish to them in the olden days.

:lol: