have i got a problem?

nursejudy

hi guys

my pc sounds as if its constantly searching for something,it is making a whirring noise,and seems a tad slow at loading ,i have run visus things and it always comes back ok.

cheers Judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

hi guys

my pc sounds as if its constantly searching for something,it is making a whirring noise,and seems a tad slow at loading ,i have run visus things and it always comes back ok.

cheers Judy

Hi Judy , have you tried running Task Manager??

You maybe running some un-needed processes

Right Click an empty space in your taskbar along the bottom of your desktop..>> Task Manager..>>Processes Tab

I'm sure they'll be plenty more ideas to your problem along very soon.

Plenty of help on here.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

thanks mr m it shows 51 processes with nothing running,have just run registry helper which says i have 135 invalid entries detected but have to pay to get rid of them ...any ideas ?

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

Guest Jan V

Judy, do you use ccleaner? Do a google search for: download ccleaner. Download and install it. along the left side you will see an option for "Registry". Run it and you should get rid of most of the crud. I end up having to run it about once a month. email me if you have any answers.

thanks for that Jan have run it and its cleaned out loads of things, but the curser still keeps freezing and the disc if thats what is making the noise is still at it,

how do i check what is running at start up thats not essential

nurse.gif

look at task manager see what programs are running with a high cpu useage it tells you wich numbers are cpu useage, and if you want to remove startup items go to start> run > type "msconfig" select the startup tab and uncheck what you want removed but be carefull and investigate what each program is before you remove it.

then just ok it and reboot

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Run Ccleaner daily

Defrag your hard drive(s) overnight once a month (for example)

Uninstall any programs you never use

Turn off Windows automatic updates and Anti-virus auto updates and any other auto updates. When you turn on your computer and connect to the Internet all these auto updates rush to update themselves. Update these programs manually at the end of a computer session rather than at the start.

Turn off scheduled anti-virus scans, do a manual scan overnight once a week (for example)

Turn off Windows Defender (at your own risk).

Turn of Windows Indexing:

Windows Indexing Services

Windows Indexing Services creates a searchable database that makes system searches for words and files progress much faster – however, it takes an enormous amount of hard drive space as well as a significant amount of extra CPU cycles to maintain the system. Most users will want to disable this service to release the resources for use by the system. To turn off indexing, open My Computer and right click on the drive on which you wish to disable the Indexing Service. Enter the drive's properties and under the general tab, untick the box for "Allow the Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching."

Edited by Ian FG

Judy, Crap Cleaner has that option. Have a look in the TOOLS/START-UP and its in there. IF you are not sure what things are google it. I have always found ALL of the items listed. and 90% CAN be switched off.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))