2 replies to this topic

#1 Clifftop

Clifftop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts
  • Interests:fishing--gardening--photography

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:43 AM

while on the pc I keep getting a white screen and a message saying "not responding" 

any ideas would be really helpful

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09
http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

#2 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,074 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:52 AM

Run iobit system care to see if its a software issue
If not it maybe hard drive related ,if its a laptop check ts getting enough air underneath a neighbour killed hers putting it on a fluffy table cloth and then in frustration when it keept freezing hit the keyboard and shattered the platter on the hard drive beneath.
If the hard drive light is continually flickering its nearing the end of its life but check the pc isnt full of dust especially under the cpu fan ,whilst your in there check the hard drive for heat if its really hot then its starting to fail.
They should get hot if you are using them for games or graphics but just idling getting hot means time for a new one.
The only thing is memory but they rarely fail but check its still all there by right clicking anywhere in "my pc" and properties and the memory should be seen .
I would plump for air or hdd though as the cause if its not a software issue

Edited by chesters1, 29 July 2019 - 07:17 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#3 Clifftop

Clifftop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts
  • Interests:fishing--gardening--photography

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:08 AM

will try thanks Dave

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09
http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/