La Croix du Vieux Pont campsite in France

Hopey

Wondering if anyone has been here recently and has any tips they would be willing to share?

Its a campsite in the Picardy region of France with 2 fishing lakes and a stretch of river.

I am going for a family camping holiday there in a few weeks. Its not a fishing trip, its a family holiday, so wont be granted too much time to wet a line, but gonna take a bit of stuff and hoping to grab a few hours here and there...and would be good to be able to maximise that time if anyone feels generous enough to offer tips on lake, swims, tactics, baits etc...

the going species seem to be carp and sturgeon....but id be happy with anything to be honest

done some research and there seems to be plenty of info out there but nothing recent. would appear that back in the day it was a quality venue, but then it got hammered and deteriorated a bit... there was potentially a fish kill, potentially some fish moved, potentially some changes to rules and prices....and a bit of disagreement as to whether it was any good or not anymore....although impression i get is that it became not good enough for purist carpers, but potentially still pretty good for pleasure anglers just looking for a bend in the cane (which is the camp i am in)....but all that chat was for the most part over 10 yeas ago.....so I have no clue what it is like currently....the site havent given me much info either.

So this is a mega long shot, but if anyone has any current-ish info they could share that would be amazing...

Thanking you

"The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shape of things, their colours, lights and shades; these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts". BB

Sorry, don't know the venue, but a quick search for "aisne river fishing" brings up a few fairly recent results that you might have missed if you were just searching the park.

There was mention of a fish kill in the river, but it looks to have been very localised and is unlikely to have had any long term effects.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.