Surface Carp Fishing Herts/Beds area

James Carter

2 hours ago, James Carter said:

Hi

Im looking for some recommendations for a surface carp venue in the Beds/Herts areas. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance 😁

Hi James, Welcome to the Forum. "Floating Baits Allowed" are quickly becoming a thing of the past due to the fishery owners thinking that it's too easy!! Although one can easily get round it by fishing the Blob, just a couple of inch deep with meat, maggot or pellet etc.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I live in Hertfordshire and apart from on crowded waters where you could cause annoyance if your bait floats into someone else's swim; Ive regularly used floating crust on almost all of the 'non' commercial waters that I fish in the Herts and Beds areas without any problems, as long as its not in a match or causing problems with other Anglers on the day; or its against fishery rules which isn't that common. 

Occasionally on shallowish waters ;of about 7ft or less; when I don't want my bait drifting away into another person's swim I use an anchored floating crust.

I have often made 'boilee cake' from a boilee mix with extra eggs added plus a pinch of baking powder and putting the sloppy mix into the oven until it is a cake like bait that floats well and is more resilient and stays on the hook a lot longer than bread. 

NB: I  also add flavours and colouring to my boily cake before baking too

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)