Intrepid New Deluxe Part Needed

chris301up

Hi all. I have an old Intrepid New Deluxe fixed spool reel which, although is getting on a bit now, is still fully functional. Was hoping to set up a small rod with this reel for my Grandson but, unfortunately, have mislaid the small part that fits under the spool, (I have no idea what this is called), but it allows the spool to traverse up and down when the handle is operated. I've uploaded an image of the part that's missing. A real 'long shot' but was wondering if anyone has one of these knocking around or know of someone who may have spares? Thanks in advance

Intrepid Reel Inner 2.jpg

Edited by chris301up

Theres nothing missing in the flyer as far as i can see.look in the body there should be a pin on the other end of that shaft that conects to the gear ,thats the bit that moves the shaft . if you provide your address i will post a complete ree! To you FOC

AHH you took the picture before you lost it 😁 yes that bit if it isnt there now is missing lol its called the Clicker unit

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. Just to reiterate. The part that's circled is missing. The picture was downloaded from the internet for reference. I understand about the pin in the main gear. I just didn't know how to explain this.You have one of these reels then? I have uploaded one of my old business cards. Thanks

Edited by chris301up
Removed address details

Give it a couple of days and i will post the reel on

Yes i have many intrepids ,many many many !

Its out of one of my duplicate box so will need stripping and regreasing if its better condition than yours ,if not you will have spares

Got your details so edit your post and remove your card or 'bots' will hassel you .😉

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No your fine 👍

Dont forget to remove your details

Yes i screenshot them

All wrapped ready to go tomorrow .

Edited by chesters1