loose appollo spigot joint.

Guest jay_con

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ColinW

having failed miserably in anything to do with chemistry I cant comment on your equation however considering the uses of a blade of grass or candle wax for a professional repair to a rod joint I must admit that considerable quantities of fluid from the general area of the urinal tract springs to mind.

Stan

Summer,

all kidding aside if you need the rod sorted give me a PM. (free introductory offer one only ex P&P)

International 30 single speed for sale, battle scarred but perfect working order. Fully re-conditioned by Penn Servicing end `04 and never used since. Loaded 800mtrs Moi-moi mono 30lb, £115 plus P&P.

Stan.

i said grass was a cheap alternative...it was a suggestion..try it yourself if you have an old rod that needs built up and you will see what i mean..its an old coarse fishing trick we used to use for pole fishing in matches. If your speed fishing on the pole the joints wear down quickly, and a quick easy repair job was to stick a blade of grass between the joints. You know what its like when its raining and your rod gets stuck together by suction from the crap on your hands and the rain, it does a similar effect when the grass gets caught between the joints and releases fluids. Between the fluid from the grass and the blade itself, its enough to hold a loose jiont in for a session.

Dougie,

that explains it better. Problem is, as you point out, it is a temporary repair. Assumed Summer was looking for something more permanent. Almost anything can be used for a single session repair, the most obvious being tape the joint. Permanent repairs need a bit more work to be effective.

No dis-respect intended, thought you were extracting the u---e

Stan.