Waterproofs

Scopex

Thanks for the replies guy's. Every comment is useful. I currently use a Goretex coat and trousers with lots of layers in the Winter but I was still getting cold on the end of the pier. The guys with floaty suits said they never get cold in their's and all I asked said a 2 piece with lined pockets plus extra pockets was best. I also didn't rate my chances if I fell over the side on a Winter's night.

I quite fancy the Fladden 2 piece. My only concern using mail order is getting the size right and a good returns policy if the size is way out.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The insulation and immersion properties offered by floatation suits would be a major benefit to me if I ended up in the drink but I'm curious as to they compare for bouyancy as opposed to say a 150 auto-inflate lifejacket?

Looks like the fladen floatation jobbie is defintely top of the tree when it comes to those, where as for a waterproof smock I like the look of both the greys and fish anywhere gear.

Anyone like to comment?

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

The Fladen (in XL) has bouyancy of 85N whereas the legal minimum is 50N. Therefore the Fladen exceeds the standards by a good 70% or thereabouts.

Islander, with regards to mail order, as long as we have been provided full and accurate details for us to size the suit we will change suits FOC (provided they are returned in perfect condition). We DO make a charge of £10 to collect and return a suit IF one is purchased without asking our advice, since this is truly what it costs us to arrange everything with the couriers.

Ian W

I have a Medium Fladden, if I was going to be honest I am Large but find the Medium a perfect fit, whats the Newtons of that UK FT, must admit your prices are terrific payed a damn sight more than that for ours and that was at discount and we bought 5 at the same time. Davy has the Blue and Yellow one as he got a new suit last year(only cos he kept working on the engines whilst wearing it :( ) mines is 3 years old and still great. Don't do much for a girls street cred :rolleyes: but perfect for safety, warmth and dryness :D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

I know I said mine was an XL but I think its actually a XXL. Keeps me toastie warm too :D

It is made big though, I'm 6'5" and 18 1/2 stone and there is still room in it :)

It's the more expensive one in the Fladen range, mine was £105, retail is about £120 I think, nice bright orange with lots of hi vis tape on it.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!