stop casting over my line!!!!!

christian kimber

It doesn't seem to worry a lot of Americans (see my posts on Fishing around Duck NC) On Avalon Pier, people were lure fishing at a density of one person per six foot of pier (no kidding) - if they cast over one another they just swapped places. They were nearly that packed on the beach at Oregon Inlet. Perhaps the "Englishman's home is his castle" mentality has extended to the beach, rocks - and even boat marks to judge from the other thread. Thank goodness nobody takes Leylandii out fishing with them or there'd be something else to moan about :rolleyes:

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

hey salar maybe we should just have a free for all and throw lead all over the place! after all it's not the catching of the fish that matters so much as the fecking great mess you get with ten anglers crammed in a space the size of a tuna can trying to untangle there crossed lines!!

I think i'll just do what i said and move to another mark as your bog standard english fishermen isn't always the most approachable fellow.And anyone does do it to me again i'm gunna walk up to them put my rod on there pod and move theres over to mine! problem sorted.

I fish at Torness, East Lothian quite often and this happens all the time! Everybody is well spaced out until you catch one - then you have people moving within 3ft of you watching where you cast and trying to hit the same spot! Nothing more annoying! Fish do move about you know :rolleyes:

Whitbys west peir is a prime example of this in the cod season. 250 anglers all from middlesbrough (at least if their all on whitby peir i no they wont be anywhere else). one angler to 6 foot would be somewhat spacious beleive me. I have vowed never to set foot on there again.

I have taken time to learn places that are fished by only a few rods. Some are down cliffs or a long walk, but the peice and tranquility when you get there is well worth it. Plus - 10 fish and 250 anglers equals? not much bloody chance of getting one. 10 fish and me alone equals ? 10 fish.

My post was aimed at both sides actually. Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came over and started fishing too close you could wander over and tell them what bait/method/distance you were fishing and suggest that they move up a bit otherwise they'll get tangled, then they's say "Thank you very much mate, OK I'll shift a few yards and we'll give each other space". Somehow I don't think either of those happens in those crowded places. Maybe its a society thing and it certainly doesn't seem to be confined to fishing :( .

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

christian kimber:

What is it with sea fishermen?!! every time i go fishing these days to a popular mark the same thing happens.

I get myself all set up away from any anglers nearby so i can have some space to fish,and bang the leads out to the horizon.Eventually i might pick up a fish or two and the next bloody minute the air around me is full of lead flying out to where i'm fishing!!

Now i'm not the best sea fishermen,but by keeping at it i generally pick up a fish or two.But this is fecking ridiculous! Short of carrying a gun and waving it wildly around at anyone who looks at me i now have to fish places which although can be good,also can be absolute crap.People should try and persist instead of annoy keen fishermen,the fish are not all in front of me,I'm not that fecking lucky!

Anyone fish in Plymouth,be good to hear from you,but not them sad b***ards who can't fish.

:cool: There answer is simple, it's the same with boat anglers. They don't know where to fish, so they look for some one already fishing and home in on them, assuming that you know what you're doing so you must be in the right place. There was a small boat open locally and a well known charter skipper steamed out to a barren area and anchored up, within half an hour he was surrounded by small boats, he then upped the anchor and moved off, leaving them to wonder why they weren't catching. :D