free rivers in kent

Armarnold

The Medway from the Law courts in Maidstone town ceentre (great roach venue there in the Winter) down to the loch at Allington is free (Rod licence only) fishing.

Just out side of Kent but the Rother from Iden Lock down to Star Lock is also free. The weir pools on the Stour within the city boundries of Canterbury are also free.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dunno where you are in Kent, but the Darenth around Otford, Shoreham, up to Eynesford is free. I've caught chub on the fly and there are pike and trout. It's a small river though, but clear and fast. Start from Shoreham bridge and walk up stream. Nice pubs in Shoreham too. Lovely little village all round really.

Otherwise I fished the Medway (around Wateringbury I think) on day tickets when I lived in Kent, but that was 34 years ago.

I remember pike, big scary pike. I was 13. :-)

MC

The area that you are referring to is the stretch from Teston Bridge. Last season it was £4 and £1 for parking. I haven't been there this season as I joined Tonbridge Angling and tend to fish the Hartlake stretch.

/\/\ick

I just love the River Medway!