parcel force twits

great white

a guy i know posted a rod to me from kent, parcel force came to his house took the rod and when it arrived in coventry some one made the decision it was to long and it is on it,s way back to him.having checked the book they issue about parcels no where does it mention length, alough they say 1.5 meters i see no mention of this anywhere, it only mentions weight.if this is the case why did the driver take it in the first place and then someone else take it to coventry.and having tracked the parcel this morning i phoned and was told it would be delivered before 05-30 today.i have since been told it never left coventry at all because of the length of the parcel.i can take a rod in a tube to my local post office and post it garenteed delivery before noon next day, fully insured NO PROBLEM why is this? is this double standards?

[ 03. July 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Hi all

i used to work for parcel farce and believe me when a parcel says fragile they just kick it harder onto the deliverly truck as it normally has some kind of damage insurance,i also saw a crate of salmon packed in ice turn up on a truck which had spilled out and what a smell so they just jammed it back in and taped it up. :rolleyes:

thats only afew things i saw this company do as it would take all day to tell the rest

billy

have just been told that on the back of the reciept the driver left it says that parcels must not exceed 3 METERS yes i did say 3 meters so i cant see where the problem arises.so know you all know the maximum length so post away,but if i where you i would not use parcel force as they dont know there OWN RULES!cheers john.

have just been told that on the back of the reciept the driver left it says that parcels must not exceed 3 METERS yes i did say 3 meters so i cant see where the problem arises.so now you all know the maximum length so post away,but if i where you i would not use parcel force as they dont know there OWN RULES!cheers john.

Guys, we need to watch the language, please :)

John, did you pay to have it delivered? If so, were you made aware of any terms and conditions at the time and asked to agree with them?

If not, then you have a very strong case for breach of contract.

If the terms say 3m, then I'd say you have an even stronger case

Find the highest person in authority you can and explain to them, politely, how disappointed you are with them.

Believe me, I run a mail order company and know just how competitive a market the courier business is. He won't want bad press.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Tyke:

Elton i think you put a i in twits instead of a A    :D  

Slight typo on my behalf. We all know what John means

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

john lynch:

SORRY ELTON I WAS SO INFURATED BYE THESE PEOPLE.CHEERS JOHN.

LOL! Having had an ongoing battle with the accounts department of the courier I currently use for the past four months, I know what you mean!