Free big game fishing (well nearly free)

bob@reefcatfishing

thanks Dave, are they the same bass as we get hear?

I know some may think it strange to ask about bass when there are skip jack and dorardo, but as you know us essex boys do love our bass fishing.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam-cox:

thanks Dave, are they the same bass as we get hear?

I know some may think it strange to ask about bass when there are skip jack and dorardo, but as you know us essex boys do love our bass fishing.

:cool: I do love dorado, grilled preferably. Put me down for an AN trip please. :D

Just got in from half a days trolling, 3 skipjack tuna, and 8 small dorado. But, a 203kg blue marlin was caught and unfortunately killed, about 30 miles south of here. Thats the 3rd blue marlin this month, so far no sign of the white marlin, but its still early in the season.

Norm - we're trying a new dorado recipe this evening, simmered in orange juice, with a little olive oil, garlic and onions. Sounds a bit weird but I've been assured its lovely.

bob@reefcatfishing:

Just got in from half a days trolling, 3 skipjack tuna, and 8 small dorado. But, a 203kg blue marlin was caught and unfortunately killed, about 30 miles south of here. Thats the 3rd blue marlin this month, so far no sign of the white marlin, but its still early in the season.

Norm - we're trying a new dorado recipe this evening, simmered in orange juice, with a little olive oil, garlic and onions. Sounds a bit weird but I've been assured its lovely.

:cool: Save some for me. :D

Norm - the dorado was lovely, sorry there's none left but we can easily catch some more.

Return flights from gatwick in mid september are about £100.00 so what are you waiting for?

Last day of the IGFA/Rolex competition today, just been on the mobile, 2 blue marlin hookups this morning, none captured as yet, but looking good.

bob@reefcatfishing:

Norm - the dorado was lovely, sorry there's none left but we can easily catch some more.

Return flights from gatwick in mid september are about £100.00 so what are you waiting for?

Last day of the IGFA/Rolex competition today, just been on the mobile, 2 blue marlin hookups this morning, none captured as yet, but looking good.

:cool: I'm free once the carriers collect the paper on Thursday but I'm down to Devon sharking, weather permitting. Unless it's print or proof reading week I can get time off most weeks, so if there's an AN group going let me know. :D

What size hooks and what lures Dave? Whites are notoriously hard to hook up, smaller hooks tend to work better maybe mustad 6/0.

Even so one hookup out of 6 runs seems to be about normal, except when they are hunting in packs, in which case the hookup rate goes up a lot. The ideal is to find half a dozen fish, they then compete with one another and are much more aggressive.

Have you seen the fish striking the lures? Were they fully "lit up" or were they just playing?

We're off to 500 metre plus tomorrow, whats your boats name Dave, I'll call you up on the vhf.

four seperate single fish, two sighted and definate runs.

using Pacula soft head lures with about 6/0 hooks.

my boat is called "Vitamin Sea" i will on channel 8/16

We recorded the water at 26c today using a marine type thermometer.