Lightweight Shelter and Bedchair

navybloke

Hello All,

Come the New Year I'm living at work (near Watford) Monday to Friday so I'm looking at doing at least two overnighters per week. I need to be set up quick and tackled down quick to get to work the next morning (I'm military, so few excuses for bad timekeeping!), and need to carry it all in one go.

What I'm after is the lightest possible bedchair and lightest possible shelter, for single-night sessions. All recommendations are graefully recieved.

Cheers,

John

Hello All,

Come the New Year I'm living at work (near Watford) Monday to Friday so I'm looking at doing at least two overnighters per week. I need to be set up quick and tackled down quick to get to work the next morning (I'm military, so few excuses for bad timekeeping!), and need to carry it all in one go.

What I'm after is the lightest possible bedchair and lightest possible shelter, for single-night sessions. All recommendations are graefully recieved.

Cheers,

John

Well the lightest bedchair is none at all. Seriously, a roll mat or inflateable. For a shelter, just a simple umbrella with storm sides is both light and quick to erect / dismantle. In warm weather you could even just use a waterproof bedchair cover to keep the dew off, as long it doesn't rain.

Rob.

Well the lightest bedchair is none at all. Seriously, a roll mat or inflateable. For a shelter, just a simple umbrella with storm sides is both light and quick to erect / dismantle. In warm weather you could even just use a waterproof bedchair cover to keep the dew off, as long it doesn't rain.

Rob.

Rob,

Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head there - I've tended to do two or more days at a time and I've got used to the trappings of a bivvy lifestyle. You know; "I've got a green tent, I've got a green bed, therefore I must be a serious carp angler!". If I'm honest, I've already got the kit I need for overnighters, it just takes some moral courage to slim the kit down sufficiently!

I'm looking at Farlows as my chosen regular overnight venue - have you fished it much, Rob?

Cheers,

John

<snip>

I'm looking at Farlows as my chosen regular overnight venue - have you fished it much, Rob?

Cheers,

John

I fished it years ago and must admit I thought it was a great lake with tons of potential. It was however spoiled (IMHO) by yobs and rubbish and most of teh time was way too busy. I never did very well there, only catching a few smaller fish, but I never spent the time there to properly learn the water. I spent more time on Rodney Meadows at about that time and found that much nicer fishing.

Rob.