riverside drive 22/07/05

sultzer

22/07/05

Riverside Drive Dundee

Weather: Sunny , Mod wind

Bait: Herring , Lures

Fish Caught: 4

Arrived at wall after a mad dash from work as i promised Brian i'll be there, When i got there Brian was not there.

Casted out loads of weed coming down loose stuff tide was running fast after 30 mins not a fish then Brian appeared i thought great some worms or peelers then it came " its a long story " told him to f**k off as he always late git was in the bookies.

He also brought a m8 called Brian well Brian 2 casted out and on first cast caught a small flounder,by this time tide was slowing down and bites were coming in.

I finally caught my first flounder average size still getting bites and weed .

I caught my 2nd flounder a good size things slowed at high water so started to spin with a lure when thump went my spinning rod a 1lb sea trout i was well pleased Brian look fed up well he should have got bait then.

At the end of the session Brian Blanked not a bad 2 hrs

better off if you can get peelers as well

ragworm

last week someone caught a wee wrasse.

herring is ok for a quick session but if your coming up from edinbrugh might as well get the best bait you can

Any info available on the Nook of Fife? Crail/Anstruther round to St. Andrew's Bay.

I come up and stay with friends near the Secret Bunker at Crail, but have never fished up there. I will be comng up again to see them in October. Is it worth bringing my gear - also kayak if that would be of use. I have often wondered if St. Andrew's Bay held any bass - there must be some flatties surely. i've never caught a plaice, so if they are about I would go for them - or tope or smoothound.

Any hints gratefully received.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

101North. Coming from Edinburgh there are far better places to fish within 30 mins of Dundee. Fife coast, and ofcoarse all along the arbroath coast! I only fiosh Dundee if its a match.I can think of far more pleasurable places to fish! locally too!

Simon, October is verging on slightly late, but if the weather has been settled you might still get some good sport on the yack. The whole area consists of very shallow reefs, stacks of red cod and collies/mackersal lus a few good pollack. There are a few flatties in st andrews bay, but its not realy been explored properly yet. Unfortunetly there are no Tope or Hounds on our coast yet, at least none caught that i know of. If you want any info on suitable yack launching and good laces to try, send me a PM...

Shaun

Tight Lines

Shaun

Spur-Hound:

101North.....I can think of far more pleasurable places to fish! locally too!

When you say locally do you mean Edinburgh area?

I spend most of my time in East Lothian area - North Berwick, Scateraw, Cove, Belhaven, Eyemouth etc. Had some good fishing but I've never found it to be great. Sometimes pop down to Granton for a few hours after work but again nothing special. Haven't really found any other decent marks close to town where I can fish a few hours after work.

I'll have to haul myself over the bridge someday and give that coast a go.

Cheers